My Thursday X-coil Iffy

mn90403

Hey JW, like us Toyota freaks if it`s not a "Toyota its a Lemon", JPs a Minelab freak "If its not a Minelab it`s a Placebo". 😈Yeah come on MN get out there Xing.

I think that I have been swinging coils for longer than most who post here, and have found more gold than many, so it is with some experience that I can honestly say that X coils are the most impressive coil development that I have yet seen. Full stop. No bull.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

I think that I have been swinging coils for longer than most who post here, and have found more gold than many, so it is with some experience that I can honestly say that X coils are the most impressive coil development that I have yet seen. Full stop. No bull.

Your on the money Reg, between us we are approaching a century swinging coils, and as you X coils are indeed the most impressive coil development that I also have seen. That`s been proven beyond doubt to me, and it seems that way with the majority of X users. Time will sort this out as it does always. For now may MN get amongst it.

• Like 2

Doesn't Simon have an X coil for his GPX and QED? Wonder why he didn't have much luck with his? đŸ€”

According to Reg...

9 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

I can honestly say that X coils are the most impressive coil development that I have yet seen. Full stop. No bull.

Or is Regs X coil experiences with the mighty QED?đŸ€” I'm pretty certain Reg hasn't been near one with a GPZ!! My conversations with the manufacturer suggested the PI X coils were very similar in spec and performance to NF and Coiltek flat wounds. Can't really re-invent the wheel there.đŸ€­

Just so readers realise, my posts on this subject have been on topic with the aim to help Mitchel in his quest for gold, based on my realistic experiences with the X coils and the GPZ 7000.

I do have a lot of respect for Norvic though because he clearly has had good successes in a variety of terrain with his.😎😜😅

JP

I can’t stand reading your biased posts anymore jp, your the only one reporting these so called problems with x coils, I have the 17x12 elliptical on my gpz and its so much better than the minelab coils, all my gold has been found in hot ground that I have been over with the mine lab coils!! I have found this in my first 4 trips out with it 

1A3B3BE9-AFED-4DD8-9831-9D8B51FA6EC7.jpeg

• Like 1

JW, I asked the question because you posted about Simons recent gold success with his X coil GPZ combo and mentioned how he had found nothing with his GPX4500 NF Evo combo which lead me to wonder how he went with this X coil on the 4500 or QED which you DID not mention. The reason I was wondering is because Reg has come onto a GPZ X coil thread talking up the X coils which is confusing considering he no longer has a GPZ. Everyone following all these posts will be wondering the exact same thing but do not want to get caught up in all the huffing and puffing. 

I‘m seriously not targeting you JW, but if statements are made that I disagree with, especially ones as obvious as this then I am going to question what is being said. I get questioned and kept honest all the time when I extol the virtues of something I strongly believe in especially when a new detector is released, why should you expect any different?

I am not saying the X coils are bad, obviously they are working really well for you guys and good on you for sharing and having a blast, but that does not mean they will provide the same results for others everywhere else, because they don’t! In other areas you have to be selective about your choice of places to detect to take advantage of what they have on offer. They do absolutely provide better sensitivity that’s true but in some ground that extra sensitivity will work against you.

JP

• Like 1

To keep on topic, here’s a pic of a good sized piece I found in variable ground in Clermont with my son Timothy. This one took a lot of effort because the ground was nasty on the coil and the sticks and grass were troublesome causing a lot of variation in the threshold. 12 grams from memory. Phrunt this one was a nice water worn slug not a corn flake nugget😜. It was a nice solid Low/High response that was repeatable at 18+ inches deep.

As readers can see I have spent a lot of time using the X coils so speak from experience when trying to impart information on them. Most of this work was done when I was actively giving feedback on their behaviour and troubleshooting ways to improve them.

JP

B4E5BA39-85D0-4062-8FCC-26EA5DBCFD76.thumb.jpeg.b5b58474d0a2270ab1af96ec30d7cbb4.jpegD623F1B0-306C-4666-B30D-17704D5D7A8E.thumb.jpeg.8315628903c6972db9bd2e95ee541ba9.jpeg

• Like 3

I take offence at 'Jonathan come lately's' post about me having no experience with X coils and the GPZ. Although I no longer own a GPZ does not mean that I do not have access to one through the use of such machine via friends that do. "Pretty sure";  how pathetic a statement from a guy who was in 'shorty pants' when I was first digging up gold that he has never seen the likes of.

Unfortunately Minelab pumped this bloke up to the stage where he believed the hype.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3