I’ll take a guess just because I’ve been doing that for many years anyway. I’ll put my $1 bet on official announcement by year end and delivering to dealers in Spring 2021.

• Like 1

We should guess like they do on The Price is Right.

Closest to the actual date without going over gets a free Impulse unlimited.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

We should guess like they do on The Price is Right.

Closest to the actual date without going over gets a free Impulse unlimited.

My "bid" is early 2023.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

I guess this really highlights it's a small niche market.  If this was the Gold Nugget version the queue would be out the door to get one 🙂, especially when we now know the Impulse Limited is a very good detector at a great price.  

• Like 3

If Fisher had advertised at all, my list would be full at 100 in a week. As it is there is only this forum, one other and one FB group where folks can find out about it and how to get it. I’m not complaining, 50 people begging me about when they will get one are really quite enough for the moment!!

• Like 6

"50 people begging me about when they will get one are really quite enough for the moment!!" 

Thought you meant "bugging" instead of "begging" then realized it's the same thing! :laugh:

• Haha 2

Just a pleasant reminder that the Gold Nugget version is likely going to be a hit and good seller 🙂

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

If Fisher had advertised at all, my list would be full at 100 in a week. As it is there is only this forum, one other and one FB group where folks can find out about it and how to get it. I’m not complaining, 50 people begging me about when they will get one are really quite enough for the moment!!

I represent that comment.😊

Damned auto correct!!! - Bugging me. None of our friends would beg, although I cannot rule out that some of Steve's sausage dogs do!!!!

• Haha 1

So the last I heard on these past posts there were 8 sold but not all delivered.  By now all eight should have been delivered.  Am I correct in thinking all eight are not going to be leaving feedback on this forum.  I don't follow other forums, just this one.  Is someone (who has an AQ in hand) posting finds, likes, dislikes, problems, concerns on the AQ limited on other forums.  Seems Joe and Steve are all I have seen feedback on.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      So based on the above, sort of like this, but the upper rod probably a little thicker.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Early on I see the Halo of targets in the threshold of the "AQ" doing airtest..... so I've been playing with the settings to see if I can pull up more of the audio of them when out hunting in the water. Jim and I have hunted together before, a very good "old beach" hunter. 
      Video of those changes in the threshold Jim speaks of....

• By Steve Herschbach
      We know you have an AQ Clive... you posted that you did on Facebook.  Any early thoughts or observations? Likes or dislikes? Inquiring minds want to know! And yes, we are hoping for a book ASAP.
      Pulsepower Book

• By Steve Herschbach
      Here are my latest digs in the water at Tahoe. Things were going great until the handle on my old scoop finally gave up the ghost. Can't complain, it served me well, but not like you just run to the store and get another. I'll have to make one.
      Anyway, I have to admit at this point I am wondering where my first gold ring with the Impulse is at. Popular beach, tons of people in the water for many years, plenty of targets... no ring. Maybe somebody is running a magic detector here that finds gold rings while leaving all the aluminum tabs and nickels behind? 
      I'm actually very pleased with this mix of trash. Exactly what I expect to be finding, but getting it pretty focused, good ratio of ferrous to non-ferrous. I’m digging tight signals that have a little depth to them. Generally ignoring boomer targets and surface double-blips, though a few surface targets got dug just because they were so easy. It's mostly bottle caps and large ferrous faking me out, but not so much as to bother me. I expect a certain amount. Anyway, I need to get a new handle made up so I can get back in the water tomorrow. Best find - a Buffalo nickel, can't read the date so far. The item in lower left is a corroded zinc penny.
      I’m in thick magnetite sands with lots of rock. Hunting tones exclusively, 7uS, sensitivity to max, ATS and reject at preset.

Fisher Impulse - the non-ferrous

Fisher Impulse - the ferrous

Broken scoop handle
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I will be using my Impulse with the battery end well out of the water while shallow wading or on the beach, etc. I wanted to get away from wired phones and save the waterproof phones for when I actually need to submerge the machine. No sense putting any more wear and tear on the cable than I need to.
      So I found a source of relatively inexpensive M8 pigtails and cables, AutomationDirect. Never ordered from them before, but it was easy and cables arrived in two days. I got two pigtails for the headphone 5-pin connector, one straight, and one 90 degree. And I ordered a couple longer 4-pin cables for the power connection, to work with a high capacity power pack I have on order. More on that later when it arrives.
      I decided to use the 90 degree cable to make an adapter for my new TaoTronics transmitter/receiver box so I can use my Minelab phones, which I like, with all my detectors. There is also a less expensive transmitter only version.
      M8 5 pin 90 degree pigtail

I dug through my pile of adapters and found a spare mono 1/8" extension cable and cut it off, saving the female end for this project. The TaoTronics comes with a RCA to 1/8” female cable that would also probably work for this. I hooked up the 90 degree cable and powered up the Impulse. I randomly hooked up the two wires from the 1/8" socket to the five while having some stereo earbuds plugged in, and found that the brown and gray wires gave me audio in both ears. According to the chart below brown is #1 and gray is #5. I wanted to make very sure there was audio in both ears using the mono socket but with stereo phones plugged in, so good to go there.
      I cut the cable down short, spliced and covered with shrink tube, and wrapped a little electrical tape on to add some beef. Not pretty but it will work - a typical Herschbach job. I bent the cable under the armrest, and added a stick on square of Velcro to back of the TaoTronics transmitter and the leg stand. I'll add more squares to my other detectors so I can move this transmitter around to whatever I am using. A little tie wrap secures things.
      Fired it up, paired easily with my Equinox 800 headphones, better audio than the Fisher phones, and frankly the Equinox phones are not the best in that regard. Cheap, super easy... I'm quite pleased with this. I can of course use 1/8" type wired phones or ear buds if I want. I'll make another adapter with the straight connector but go to 1/4" with it, so I can use my Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones without an extra adapter. I'll probably make that cable a little longer than this one, which I wanted as short as possible.
      If you got the TaoTronics transmitter only box for $20 and this cable for $8.50... well, this is pretty cheap and easy, and will work with a huge number of headphone options.
      Ironically my new Tarsacci MDT 8000 comes with am M8 to 1/8" adapter with one little problem. Fisher uses a 4-pin connector for the power/headphone combo cable, but then for some reason they use a 5-pin M8 for the headphone only connector. The MDT 8000 headphone adapter is of course 4-pin. I swear they must all have secret meetings to make sure nothing from one detector ever works with another. 
      Click or double click photo for high res version.

AutomationDirect M8 Cable Specs pdf

• By The Seeker
      I have no idea where to start since most of the things I saw have been said already. I have done only two hunts so far.  My first hunt was 2.5 hrs and my second one (today) was about 3.5hrs.

Every new detector I get I start from scratch like a new detectorist and just learn it as I go. My first hunt was not good at all since I dug a lot of iron and less than a dollar in coinage. My settings were all metal, ats 0 , sensitivity 8-9, volume/threshold 4. With these settings I was digging anything I heard in the wet and the holes I was making were just too deep so when the 1st battery died I followed suit and called it quits. While swinging I noticed I was getting quite a bit of noise/falsing and I don’t know if it was because I was running it hot.
      My hunt today was a little better and I managed to pull some decent targets. Setting this time were all metal, ats 2, sensitivity 7, volume/threshold 4. The AQ ran way better, no falsing unless I was running parallel to the water on a slope. Even with the falsing running parallel I managed to hear the small yellow ring and the big gray tungsten.  The yellow ring was quite deep too. 
      Today’s hunt I wasn’t 100% into it due to the beach closures going on in Socal.  I read online that the beach I went to was supposed to be open today but when I got there it said it was closed. I drove a long way to get there so I wasn’t going to drive back without giving it a try. Luckily during my time there nobody came by to kick me out.  There were a handful of people at the beach so that helped some I guess. I am very pleased with the performance/outcome and I’m sure with a little practice things will only get better. 
      The pictures below are from all the targets I recovered today. The fishing lure was an eyeball find. HH