Over U.S. $1900 And Climbing....

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier today, beating its previous record of $1,921 set in 2011. Will it crack the important $2000 psychological barrier? If so, the sky is the limit.

gold-price-record.jpg

It’s incredible how much gold is rising. I bought some silver, because that more in my price range as a 13 year old LOL. But I heard silver could cross 100$ an ounce

• Like 1

Well, I can't be happier than now🤣

For the first time I have some modest weight and price is up...This time however I want to keep myself away from the shiver to sell it fastly...Just now going to cash in some 18k fresh fish @39.35Usd/g

Daaang, nice. Time for me to sell some nuggets to fund some more prospecting adventures this winter! Anyone looking to buy for spot or even slightly under at these prices? :smile:

• Like 1

For the record, the new of this evening was that foundies are closing for summer stop and they don't buy gold in the next weeks ... Seems frankly like an excuse to prevent mass of people to sell in minutes. Then I sold a scarce third of what I own right now ... I'll keep it for better times ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

For the record, the new of this evening was that foundies are closing for summer stop and they don't buy gold in the next weeks ... Seems frankly like an excuse to prevent mass of people to sell in minutes.

Not sure what a 'foundy' is, but presumably some kind of shop that buys precious metals (among other things).  We have a lot of those (pawn shops, coin shops, jewelers, etc.), particularly when the price is high and everyone is talking about it.  But I question your theory that someone wants to prevent the public from selling.  When the price is high, that's when the public is buying!  "Buy low, sell high" is the mantra of the experts.  "Buy high, sell low?"  That's the other guys.  Well, somebody's got to do it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier today

Time for me to sell some of my coins, I paid a lot less than that 25 years ago. Glad to see the price going up right now and I will have to get rid of about 50 coins.

Thanks for the information Steve!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier today, beating its previous record of $1,921 set in 2011.

O.K. somebody has to be the adult in the room so I guess this time it has to be me. What did the best gold detector cost in 2011? what did a good beer cost in 2011? What did license and registration fees for my Jeep cost in 2011?  What did bail to get Sourdough Scott out cost in 2011? What did my psychiatrist cost in 2011? I submit to you folks that gold was worth more @ $1921 in 2011 than @ $1940 today.

However I'll take whatever gold price increase I can get and this time it looks like it could hold.

• Like 3