Nox Vs Anfibio / Kruzer On Silver Coins In Parks

Are you referring to the Simplex? The Kruzer and Amphibio's don't have a park setting so I don't know what mode that would be similar to on them. As a comparison between my Tejon at 18.5khz and 10x12 dd and my Multi Kruzer at 19 khz with a 7 1/2x11 dd the Kruzer hits a silver us dime at approx 9" on Tejon and 10 1/2-11 on the Kruzer. I have found much more silver with the MK than my other machines especially dimes. Tejon is much better on lower conductors ie 15"+ on US nickel with 10x12 air test.

• Like 2

I don't own a nox, But Kac is correct. Here in PA my MK murders silver at depths that still amaze me. The MK hits harder on silver and you have no doubt what the target is. The ability to flip flop tones on the MK allows you to focus and adjust for certain targets. I run a 35 on the non ferrous giving me a low tone on silver and copper, which I focus on most of the time. I run a 9'' concentric most of the time and can hit silver at 8 + inches without trying. I always try to remember that silver is where you find it. There is no magic bullet but the MK is close. Oh and if you like clad dimes be prepared to dig deep, This machine loves dimes silver or clad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Has anybody done better with the Turkish machines on US silver coins in a park setting?

Have a look at some of Calabash Diggers Youtube videos where he compares the Equinox, Anfibio and XP Deus on his very mild dirt test garden with lots of silver targets.

I have owned both the Equinox, Multi Kruzer and Racer 2. On the same 8 to 11" silver target using Park 1 or Park 2 on the Equinox and one of the tone modes on the Multi Kruzer/Anfibio:

If your dirt is mild, depth should be about the same with similar coils. The Equinox will give you the correct numerical target ID and tone. The Multi Kruzer/Anfibio might give you a numerical target ID and will give you the correct tone.

If your dirt is moderate to highly mineralized,  depth will not be the same with similar coils. The Equinox will give you the correct numerical target ID and tone. The Multi Kruzer/Anfibio may not give a numerical target ID but it might give you a faint tone.

In Gen mode the Multi Kruzer/Anfibio might out perform the Equinox in Gold 1 or Gold 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kac said:

Are you referring to the Simplex? The Kruzer and Amphibio's don't have a park setting so I don't know what mode that would be similar to on them. As a comparison between my Tejon at 18.5khz and 10x12 dd and my Multi Kruzer at 19 khz with a 7 1/2x11 dd the Kruzer hits a silver us dime at approx 9" on Tejon and 10 1/2-11 on the Kruzer. I have found much more silver with the MK than my other machines especially dimes. Tejon is much better on lower conductors ie 15"+ on US nickel with 10x12 air test.

Sorry, when I mean  park setting I mean the average conditions  that are in a park when you hunt them.Aluminum, bottle caps,some iron etc.

For park hunting I typically use 3 tone mode and 19khz on the Multi Kruzer with gain between 70-85. The MK will hit dimes very well to the 9" mark in most areas and that is usually deeper than you want to go parks here as shovels are frowned on. 3 tone has the fastest recovery speed on that machine and is ideal for high trash areas.

In some areas where there is a lot of aluminum trash I may use 4 tone with these settings:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/13307-multi-kruzer-4-tone-settings-i-use/

Bottle caps are pretty easy to distinguish but if they are an issue then I would recommend the 9" concentric which will put the caps much lower on the id scale.

I do want to note that there are videos on overall depth tests between the Nox 800 and Amphibio with same size coils. From what I have seen on those tests the Amphibio does go much deeper but the id #'s are more reliable at depth on the Nox. This could be due to soil conditions where the Nox is more reliable. I don't know how much id #'s can be dragged down comparable to the 2 machines when iron comes to play.

If your looking to buy a machine the Amphibo has a 99 tone mode which could be useful especially if you use the 50 tone on your Nox.

I got the MK for the smaller DD eliptical coil that works better in my area and I prefer the S handle. Many people dislike the Nokta machines and think they are too sparky as they run them too hot and many run the high gain modes with the machine too far off the ground (2 tone, 4 tone & Deep Mode). Audio on the MK is quick so judging size of an object and pinpointing is very easy but makes the machines sound harsh and mechanical when compared to long tone rolls on other machines.

12 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

If your dirt is moderate to highly mineralized,  depth will not be the same with similar coils. The Equinox will give you the correct numerical target ID and tone. The Multi Kruzer/Anfibio may not give a numerical target ID but it might give you a faint tone.

In Gen mode the Multi Kruzer/Anfibio might out perform the Equinox in Gold 1 or Gold 2.

I agree with this. In my moderately mineralized dirt my Equinox gave a more accurate ID on deeper targets than the Multi Kruzer. With the Multi Kruzer I found myself digging deep junk like pull tabs. Like most single frequency VLF's the Kruzer has a tenancy to up average the ID on deeper targets and you can't count on the tone or ID. Now if you're digging relics it's a mute point, but for coins I would go with the Equinox in anything but mild ground.

• Like 1

I used to really like the actual "Go Fishing" game at our local fair when I was a little kid, where you paid your tiny bit of money, picked up one of the cane poles with some cotton line on it and a clothes pin and someone behind the curtain clothes pinned a paper bag with some candy and cheap toys in it to your line. I knew I was getting a bag with something in it but I had no clue exactly what it was. It was fun though. Digging 6" deep or deeper pull tabs and can slaw that sound and generate target ID numbers like silver is not fun. So depth is definitely not everything to me. Knowing that I am at least not totally wasting my time on aluminum trash is very important to me. That's why I use the Equinox. If I am relic hunting in an area with some aluminum trash in the surface to 6" range and most of the low to mid conductor relics and coins and possible silver coins are below that level like they are many places here, I can avoid those targets with the Equinox. With the Multi Kruzer and the up averaging of everything past 4" or so, I can't.

I personally am looking forward to trying out Nokta Makros simultaneous multi frequency detector in the future. I really like Nok Mak as a company and I actually really like their detectors. They just don't work very well where I hunt and neither do most single frequency detectors on anything deep. For single frequency detectors, I would do just as well with a single tone Tesoro or Deep Tech on the deep stuff.

I never experienced id's being averaged up on my MK. If I take an object in Gen Mode (all metal unfiltered raw signal) I will see numbers drop off when they get to the fringe of the range. Discrimination modes will hit targets harder as they are filtered. The high gain modes may have a signal too strong for the target and possibly show the target id higher if the gain is set too high for the area.

The MK has a true gain control but lacks a sensitivity control. Gain effects overall power of the machine and ideal if you wanted to comb an area for a recent drop you can limit it's depth to a few inches by dropping the gain down. Sensitivy will effect how sensitive the machine is to an object. High sensitivity effects how well it picks up on tiny objects.

If the MK also had a sensitivity control this would make it easier to run a higher gain and reduce some of the chatter as you can start to nudge out the mineraliztion in the ground. Maybe someday they will have both in the same macine.

Not to go off topic but the Amphibio with 11" round coil does go deeper than the Nox with an 11" coil. The Amphibio being nearly the same as the Kruzer series I suspect would hit a dime pretty deep with that 11" coil without any issues and should be very easy to recognize on the id in the 81-85 numbers.