Fantastic George!  I'm sure you already have your next visit in mind.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Fantastic George!  I'm sure you already have your next visit in mind.

Thanks, I may have to cancel work and play hooky before next Thursday 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great hunt! I really the horse.

Found that headless horseman. 😲 Wonder how old it really is? 40's 50's?

Tremendous amount of digging again, and a nice cross section of finds! I hope all the silver cleans up well! That area has obviously seen it's share of people over many years! I'm also happy for your sake, that they don't replenish the sand like they do here ever year! I wonder if other's have found your spot, and recovered as much! Keep at it!!👍👍

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Tremendous amount of digging again, and a nice cross section of finds! I hope all the silver cleans up well! That area has obviously seen it's share of people over many years! I'm also happy for your sake, that they don't replenish the sand like they do here ever year! I wonder if other's have found your spot, and recovered as much! Keep at it!!👍👍

Thanks. Silver in this condition sometimes cleans up well. You can get it clean, but the damage is exposed once the black is gone. The worst ones are the ones that have the thick black crust.  A lot of the detail is lost, once the black layer is removed. They sometimes do push sand up the beach for opening day, but after a couple of bigger storms, they are back where they started. I don't think anyone has hit this spot, and unless they have a pulse machine, I'm not too worried. Coins are still in the 12-15" range. Even if they hear some of these signals, they would probably be so sketchy or read as iron, that they pass on them. EMI makes them hard to discern from false signals. But even on the GPX, with max settings, they are faint. The hardest part of hunting like this, is locating an area that has just the right amount of sand removed. Too little removed and I can't hear them, too much removed and everybody can hear them. This is the 4th time I have found an area like this. You have to hit it strong until it's either empty or it closes up. I'm just shocked that there is very little gold but a lot of lead and nickels. 🥴

That's a real nice hunt. Love all the old coins and the coin to junk ratio is real good too. Have you thought about bringing your AQ into that area to see if it can find anything deeper or perhaps gold? It seems you're already digging the iron targets so it could be interesting. Also... I learned some good lessons the hard way... work will always be there, but the window of opportunity for an exciting hunt can close fast. Thanks for showing the goodies!

• Like 1

Couple things, You Killed the Silver! Wow!

8 hours... You killed that too!! Wow!! I can bet you slept well...

Crazy you found no gold, that is a lot of silver...Is there some type of pattern to where the coin lay..is there Iron in that mix..?

Here, if I'm finding silver or brass .....gold is near..iron can be just in spots...... in that mix..like something broke up and now is within a few feet radius. 

Has to be gold soon! Good Luck!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By kac
      Found this on UPI. Beach hunter was able to get a phone back to the owner. Never found a working one here.
      https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/05/05/Joe-Lynch-metal-detector-Fort-Myers-Beach-Florida-iPhone-Lacy-Moulton/7261620247188/
    • By schoolofhardNox
      Went to a different, flat beach for a change of pace. I was going to wrap the GPX in plastic and go into the water a bit but found out my Detech coil needs to be weighed down in order to not float. Not a big deal, as it is a great coil and my favorite. I will know better next time and will weigh it down. Because of how flat the beach is, I expected and was granted, lots of bits of aluminum 😆. The number of coins was in line with how things seen to go for me on my area beaches. Found a bit of silver as well. Also found a ring which is either nickel or white gold. It is not as clean as I would expect gold to be, but maybe it is a lower karat. Just somehow reminds me of how some clad quarters look when they are tumbled a lot, coming out looking clean and not that red/green/brown look. Reads a solid 8 on the Nox. I still feel there should be some deep gold and silver there due to the deep coins and deep lead that is still left behind. Also, the number of pull tabs could have been gold rings as well. I do have to say one thing about the GPX line. They are very durable machines. I just hope the GPX 6000 is as durable. My 5000 has done a lot of deep woods hunting as well as the beach hunts. Things do go wrong with it (like the cam locks), but it always powers up and performs well. So, nothing earth shattering, but a decent day at the beach.

• By schoolofhardNox
      Went out Thursday for a beach hunt at the usual place. It was a very busy week, and I was looking forward to some stress release, hopefully digging for some remaining silver. Kind of a random in how I was going to run my day, but I new I wanted to dig some large iron to see if it hid anything great. Just a couple of silvers for the effort and the usual clad with a couple of exceptions. I did get a nice gold wedding band with the initials of both people in it and a 52 (I am assuming the year they got married). What was odd though was the only other inscription on the ring, which was P11. I am thinking it stands for 11 Karat plum gold. That would be an odd Karat value. I had to wander around a bit more than usual and now the silver just trickles in. No heavy concentrations that I can see. I am going to try and get out Monday and do a long flat exposed beach if I can. Wrap that GPX nice and tight in heavy plastic and see if I can get some deep clad. It gives me a chance to try out my new scoop some more. I think I have only used it twice since I bought it. This is a fairly clean beach, so it is going to be a real test for the GPX. If I can score a lot of targets, then I know there is still a lot out there on those types of beaches. We will see. Hope the weather holds up and does not get too warm out there…. I like solitude 🙂

• By Skullgolddiver
      Nothing too hard even for a rookie technician like me with not so High knowledge on boards whistles and bells...
      I'm Just posting a couple pictures at the end of the work, but really (again) misappointed regard the gasket system in the TDI beachhunter.
      To give some value to this post, I Just want to Say: please BE CAREFUL doing surgery on this control box, as the plastics are something to severely review to the death White's factory, now Garrett property.
      Not only the gasket tunnel between the upper and the lower part of the box is been made to create gasket's cuts and leaks at the first attempt to re-assemble the box, but even a Nightmare to get the job done without the o-ring moving inside and over the PCB when 6 of the 8 screws are already there again....😭.
      So this time I'm not so sure to have a leakproof TDI and I swear to want a detector.mod hard case for It.
      I Just don't understand why not to create a flat against flat surface with again a flat gasket in between😒😒😒.
      White's ...Come on!
      (I don't want to advertise for free or without Steve to be ok with these words) so Sorry for complaining with a self exposed solution to this bad thing...

• By Tony
      With all this talk about the GPX 6000, I’m staying with my retro detectors. I’ve found teeny ones at depth and bigger ones that took an hour to dig out. Picked up these machines from a retired detecting couple who had them as backups.....they were “new in box”. Totally unmodified except for the external tune pot on the 2100 and regulated power supply. Hooked up to the legendary light weight 18” mono Kevlar coils makes a formidable nugget hunter......no bungee required. Two detectors and six coils for 1/4 the price of the 6000. Then again, my 70 Series Landcruiser has a manual gearbox and you have to wind the windows down by hand 👍

• By mn90403
      The other day I was detecting on of the many beaches in Santa Monica Bay.  Just like all other beaches of the world there are some unique features about it that we all learn.  I was thinking about how much sand has been added since a swell event I detected about 6 months ago.  I can see where that cut was and I see where the new beach line is and it is 25-30 feet in many places.  Our wave pattern with the La Nina has sanded things in.  We have earthquakes which raise our plate.  How about your beaches from the old days?
      Before I started metal detecting I was a surfer.  Many natural breaks have been there for years.  I'm sure some are gone.  Has 'climate change' changed your surfing spots?  I know some beaches in Florida have had sand added for replenishment.  I just read articles about North Carolina and salt intrusion killing coastal forests.  They showed before and after photos.
      Do you have any old detecting photos that would show your beaches 20, 30 or 40 years ago?