Later Rather Than Sooner On The 6000?

3 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I heard rumors that there were issues with the US models that needed to be fixed. No idea if there is anything to it. Likely a combination of several factors, including Covid and chip shortage.

If you already know there is an 'issue' with the external speaker and EMI ... why release it?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I don't know which is worse, having had ‘some’ stock and satisfying ‘some’ customers or not having ‘any’ stock

The latter!  The latter is worse!   The former is much betterer - for those that got one  🙃

• Haha 1

I suppose anyone that wants one can order it from Dubai or some other place in Africa and pay for the shipping. It might get to the states faster.😆

I think Mitchell has a legitimate question here, if there is a problem with the speaker then why not fix it before selling it? Are we going to have to mail it right back to Minelab to get repaired after they finally arrive? 

I actually hope this delay is them fixing units, and therefore preventing further delays. Some kind of update on things is long past due from Minelab at this point.

• Like 4

That would be great if they are looking into this emi issue.  Here in CA Motherload county, emi is bad in places!  If its already giving grief in the Australia Outback, I can only imagine it would not be a pretty thing over hear.

Maybe this is the reason Minelab is not talking? If it were just a simple shipping/chip delay, you would  think they would have already disclosed that. Makes you think there is more to the story than just this.

• Like 3

I heard the US issue-fix from a pretty reliable source. If that would indeed be true (which we don't know for sure), it would make me wonder whether this would be a consistent problem across continents or just needed for the US batch. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LuckyLundy said:

Maybe they are including all 3 Coils and 2 batteries 😂

Then I'll take the delay 😁

A lot of this could be tied to the chip shortage. I build PCs as an extension of a gaming hobby and it’s been near impossible since September to get a graphics card. It’s gotten so bad that I’m considering buying a whole prebuilt computer just to get the upgrade I need. 

Of course a chip shortage probably isn’t the only factor, but it sure as hell probably isn’t helping matters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jasong said:

I think Mitchell has a legitimate question here, if there is a problem with the speaker then why not fix it before selling it? Are we going to have to mail it right back to Minelab to get repaired after they finally arrive? 

I actually hope this delay is them fixing units, and therefore preventing further delays. Some kind of update on things is long past due from Minelab at this point.

I doubt they are fixing the EMI issue and I doubt it is covered under warranty.  If that was the case why haven’t there been a plethora of Australian people returning theirs for fixing. Or at least we haven’t heard of that happening to my knowledge.  

If they have to fix something for the USA market it probably has something to do with regulations such as an FCC thing.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1