Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Good report.  Thanx for bringing us along !   Our west coast beach erosion season (at least where I'm at), can start as early as November-ish.   That's when sometimes an early arriving Alaskan winter storm (d/t winter starts earlier, the further you go north, eh ?), can kick up swells that come all the way down to central CA, as early as Nov .  By Dec. for sure.

 

At *any* time of *any* year there can be fluke swells that roll through.   Like an equatorial storm that sends swells all the way north to our part of North America .  Those would be south swells.   But the ones from Japan And Alaska tend to be NW to W direction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good report on the use of your machines at the beach, and congrats on your finds!   I’m sure it must have felt great to be back on your beaches again!

So, what size coil and design (DD, mono) were you using on your 5000?  Something just doesn’t sound right if your 5000 wasn’t falsing on the wet sand while your 6000 was.  I’ve only use a mono coil on my PI at the beaches, even in the blackest of sand with only minor falsing...but I have to swing my coil very level and slow (coil control), while also walking perpendicular to the water swinging the coil instead of walking parallel to the water.  I also can’t lower my pulse delay below 15 uS or I will false more on wet/salt sand.

Keep us informed how you fare next week with the 6000 and the mono coil. 
 

Good luck!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great job,

    Can't wait for our beach season to begin! Need some serious Noreasters to get the party started! Sooo much renursment, and deposited sand, that i literally need 8-10 feet in some spots to get to any old stuff!! But hopefully, the ride down will concentrate some newer stuff!!

    Nothing like you find, but we work with what we have available! Good luck, with your detector arsenal! And I hope you have a banner season!!🍀👍👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing your hunts along with the photos, I really need to take a detector to the Gulf to use on my rest days.

Good luck on your next hunts and happy swinging.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just the volume of targets you find ........very impressive !

You must live in the "land of the lost " ,,,,hmmmmmm , OH , I get it now.

Researched your locations ya did !

You found a notice about those yearly litterbug conventions at that beach  !

And they had concession stands to up the coin count too....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 9:08 PM, Raphis said:

Good report on the use of your machines at the beach, and congrats on your finds!   I’m sure it must have felt great to be back on your beaches again!

So, what size coil and design (DD, mono) were you using on your 5000?  Something just doesn’t sound right if your 5000 wasn’t falsing on the wet sand while your 6000 was.  I’ve only use a mono coil on my PI at the beaches, even in the blackest of sand with only minor falsing...but I have to swing my coil very level and slow (coil control), while also walking perpendicular to the water swinging the coil instead of walking parallel to the water.  I also can’t lower my pulse delay below 15 uS or I will false more on wet/salt sand.

Keep us informed how you fare next week with the 6000 and the mono coil. 
 

Good luck!

 

 

I use a 12.5" DD coil on the 5000. It has proven itself as the best all around coil for my beaches. It rarely falses and some better coil control on my part would get rid of that falsing. It does pick up emi fairly well, but the is probably due to the fact that I run my settings... let's just say, not the recommended settings from the manufacturer. 😆 I may hit a heavy emi beach next visit so I may try the 14DD again to see how it does on completely dry sand. If it does not work well, it may end up in the dead coil, time out pile 😉

On 9/11/2021 at 9:37 PM, Joe D. said:

Great job,

    Can't wait for our beach season to begin! Need some serious Noreasters to get the party started! Sooo much renursment, and deposited sand, that i literally need 8-10 feet in some spots to get to any old stuff!! But hopefully, the ride down will concentrate some newer stuff!!

    Nothing like you find, but we work with what we have available! Good luck, with your detector arsenal! And I hope you have a banner season!!🍀👍👍

Thanks, I hope you lose a couple of feet soon, although I bet there are still a lot of targets that are really mixed up in that 8-10 feet. I wonder how much tiny gold (studs, chains, charms) are in that mix? For sanded in times, I would use the Nox and try for micro gold.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:56 AM, Valens Legacy said:

Thanks for sharing your hunts along with the photos, I really need to take a detector to the Gulf to use on my rest days.

Good luck on your next hunts and happy swinging.

You should try it. Any chance to get some time in with your machine is good for the soul.

23 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Just the volume of targets you find ........very impressive !

You must live in the "land of the lost " ,,,,hmmmmmm , OH , I get it now.

Researched your locations ya did !

You found a notice about those yearly litterbug conventions at that beach  !

And they had concession stands to up the coin count too....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I do some serious research. Here is what I do..... Get in car, take machines, spend all day on a beach, dig like crazy 😄 Works for me.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beaches down the coast were the same, everything was washed out and all soft sand from top. Quite a few lobster traps washed up too along with tons of pieces of them. I chickened out on using my pi.

Good haul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...