D2 Remote Charger Cable Plug Is Loose

martygene

Just got the D2 last nite and when I charged the remote with the included plug the plug doesn't go very far and is loose and falls out easily. I have it lined up correctly. I don't see how that will work when trying to upgrade the system. If it looses connection while doing an update it could cause a lot of problems. am I missing something on this? I don't want to push too hard for fear of bending or breaking any of those tiny thin pins. It's freezing and more snow coming so I am trying to figure out the menu system. I did scan some coins and stuff under the coil to see approximate TID's  and to hear tonal nuance   (CD) lol The EMI in this house is crazy and you should see what it looks like in the  XY screen... lol  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martygene said:

Just got the D2 last nite and when I charged the remote with the included plug the plug doesn't go very far and is loose and falls out easily. I have it lined up correctly. I don't see how that will work when trying to upgrade the system. If it looses connection while doing an update it could cause a lot of problems. am I missing something on this? I don't want to push too hard for fear of bending or breaking any of those tiny thin pins. It's freezing and more snow coming so I am trying to figure out the menu system. I did scan some coins and stuff under the coil to see approximate TID's  and to hear tonal nuance   (CD) lol The EMI in this house is crazy and you should see what it looks like in the  XY screen... lol  

Did you screw it in?

• Like 1

no I didn't. it didn't go in far enough to do that and i don't see a nut on the threaded part of the plug to do that with. How lame can I be? lol

DOAH !! pretty lame I guess... I've got it now... thanks

• Like 2

11 hours ago, martygene said:

Yes I dont like this 5pin  RC charging plug  . It is small and difficult to plug . I would have preferred a magnetic charging  plug like on the Equinox or the Quest Q30/Q30+ ...

DSC00313.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Yes I dont like this 5pin  RC charging plug  . It is small , difficult to plug and seems fragile. I would have preferred a magnetic charging  plug like on the Equinox or the Quest Q30/Q30+ ...

DSC00313.JPG

6 pin. But I get your drift. But while everyone is ranting and raving about the Legend, my Deus ll is killer deep. I mean deep with great audio, great separation and runs smooth as silk. Those back phones though, not much to brag about. I wired my pro gold to mine and have a full size wireless set on the way. You will get used to the charging jack with time. Tarsacci has a M8 connector also. The CTX M12 is the way to go in my humble opinion. I would post my mods but the dang pictures come out sideways. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

.... You will get used to the charging jack with time. Tarsacci has a M8 connector also. ...

I agree it is perhaps a matter of getting used to it . But as a tester I will post everything , the positive and also the less positive 🙂 .    I do that for each detector that I test , whatever the brand ...

btw I have not yet started my static and field tests but I already noticed that the D2 is very light , which is much more important for me than this little jack issue .... 

I am happy that you have fun with your D2 ... 🙂

HH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

...  my Deus ll is killer deep. I mean deep with great audio, great separation and runs smooth as silk. ....

I am going off topic but I have just done a quick test with the D2 on my beach bed test ( a box filled with sand + salt water with a 2euros coin at 11" depth ) .

--> The D2 hits the coin  easily , then yes it seems to go deep at the beach , a little deeper than all the machines I have tested up to now btw ... 🙂 

Prog used : Beach or Beach sensitive modes without any modif

DSC00315.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

Yes I dont like this 5pin  RC charging plug  . It is small and difficult to plug . I would have preferred a magnetic charging  plug like on the Equinox or the Quest Q30/Q30+ ...

DSC00313.JPG

Remember that this is a multifunction port for charging, data, and audio.  You have limited real estate on the remote due to the integral mount so not a lot of room for multiple dedicated 20 meter dive rated ports.  Bottom line is that your Equinox and Quest bathtub rated magnetic charging interface is never going to be satisfactory for providing audio at 20M depth in salt water without shorting and causing noise.  Nokta provides a similar screw in multiport on Simplex and Legend for charging, data, and hard wired audio.  

• Like 3