First Gold With My Deus 2!

NCtoad

That's awesome. How confident are you becoming on the D2? 

I would expect coins and not a gold ring if I were hunting that spot. You never know what's there. Nice going!

On 2/26/2022 at 11:09 AM, Skate said:

That's awesome. How confident are you becoming on the D2? 

Thanks Skate!   I’m confident navigating the menu and I know how most of the basic settings like reactivity, sensitivity, and audio response work and know when and how to use them.  I’m still using stock settings for silencer and ground stabilizer. I’ve got to put in a lot more hours to get more comfortable with tone nuances especially since there’s so many tone variation options. However It’s coming along and I’m not completely in the dark trying to decipher what it’s telling me.  Today was the first day I ever used pitch on it.  I noticed that small pieces of tin roofing give a nice sounding signal, but the bigger pieces are easily dismissed using the audio response setting.  Overall I think I’m going to really like this detector.  I have approximately 12-13 hours on it now.  

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, okara gold said:

I would expect coins and not a gold ring if I were hunting that spot. You never know what's there. Nice going!

I already cleaned out most of the coins with my nox.  I did get an indian head penny and a 1912 V nickel last weekend with the D2.  Thanks!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to First Gold With My Deus 2!