Update

Carolina

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

That doesn’t really help someone who might have a long-planned detecting trip all next week, does it?

Again, regardless of whether the issue is real or perceived, I really don’t understand AT ALL why XP has not given users the option to revert back to the previous software version, ESPECIALLY if XP is saying that none of the changes were essential to proper detector operation going forward.  Just a bizarre response…SMH

Why offering a way to revert back to a previous version who have less features than the new one ? in your mind XP should keep available every single version from the beginning until now ? 0.01, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05 and 0.6 ? When suffisent major versions of the Déus II will be available, I think XP will offer the ability to switch between major versions like for the Déus 1 but not now, no need :)

• Confused 1

It's simple, if people don't like whatever changes are in the new version they can roll back, in this case some people aren't happy with the current version they've flashed on so they want to revert back, this is something the competitors offer on their  detectors and really its basically commonplace that technology is capable of being downgraded to older versions and usually only prevented if older versions have a fault that can cause issues then that version number just disappears as an option to rollback to that version.  If they had a rollback feature to flash back to the earlier v.06 without larger target ID's we wouldn't even be having this discussion and people would roll back and see if their issues are resolved, they'd know in no time if the problem was the newer firmware version.

It's a matter of debate at the moment if this new version indeed can cause some people depth issues, some "Youtube" personalities for lack of a better word say the problem these people are suggesting after the firmware update is not correct and it's being completely dismissed.  They're being joked about for thinking there is a problem, seems rather odd to me, why would they make it up?  Maybe the problem exhibits in some soil conditions and not others or something triggers it on some detectors and not others, who knows but writing firmware code is well beyond the pay grade of most of us so it is XP that decides if there is a problem and fixes it with another update if there is and if not I guess I'll be easier to pickup a second hand Deus 2 for a cheaper price soon. 🙂

Hopefully XP sort it out for those with the problem and a new version comes out soon.  At least it's just software and not a hardware problem, if anything this whole thing points out they may need to change how they do firmware, with an option to roll back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I’m still going to hold off on the big number update. If that’s and a slight tone change in one setting, it’s not worth the risk until they provide the roll back feature. They really better stick to proper software version management since multiple updates are anticipated. B

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jayhop said:

I tested mine last night, everything was the same as before the update. No loss of death. 

I still can't create a usable 5 tone program that sounds as good as the equinox on my deep coins. 

I dont see any difference between the Nox and the D2 on deep coins on my bed test.  I have a clean and soft signal on a 10g bronze coin at 11" , with the D2 GENERAL , PARK or DEEP HC modes ...   Similar result with an Equinox 800 11" . My soil is moderately mineralized .   

I am wondering if you dont have an issue with your D2 , faulty coil  or other ... or EMI? 

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

version indeed can cause some people depth issues, some "Youtube" personalities for lack of a better word say the problem these people are suggesting after the firmware update is not correct and it's being completely dismissed.  They're being joked about for thinking there is a problem, seems rather odd to me, why would they make it up?  Maybe the problem exhibits in some soil conditions and not others or something triggers it on some detectors and not others, who knows but writing firmware code is well beyond the pay grade of most of us so it is XP that decides if there is a problem and fixes it with another update if there is and if not I guess I'll be easier to pickup a second hand Deus 2 for a cheaper price soon. 

🙂

Hopefully XP sort it out for those with the problem and a new version comes out soon.  At least it's just software and not a hardware problem, if anything this whole thing points out they may need to change how they do firmware, with an option to roll back

11 hours ago, NCtoad said:

He did a video about this.  He says the depth hasn’t changed.  

Thanks for the video. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Carolina said:

How it effects some but not all.

Would having differing electronic components across different machines be the cause? Chip shortages may have forced a change in components/processor manufacturer. 

Just guessing here.