How Do I Return It (cash)?

Every now and then I find some cash.  I'd like to return it.  Can you guys help?  Maybe it is yours?  Where did you lose it?

How much cash did I find and what was the exact location?  (Be CREATIVE Klunker!)

250342976_IMG_20221004_084312_4951.thumb.jpg.9c36eaa786b523c2cc99bc7e6f7fa0fe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I just want to know what settings you used and what machine was it.

Also what did it show up as for an ID.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's nice to get a tip every now and then!

I hope the new Monticello has dropped the Spoons mode and added a PC (Paper Currency) mode! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hey I lost $50 over at pier beach while I was handing my wife the rest of my wallet. I was over by the volley ball courts. The wind must have blown it right at you. Really would like it back, She has a bad Amazon habit!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

😀 the margins on those twenties look a tad too wide, and they're pretty crisp. Were they printed just before they were planted? 🤔

Looks like an interesting bracelet or part of one there. Most I ever found was $250 blowing around in a parking lot. 🤣

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, I think a phrased the 'assignment' a little too awkwardly.  I was hoping for a few more stories about how someone lost their stuff but more of how you make up a story to claim what I found!

We've all been out on the beach or in a park and someone says 'find anything?' and you might say yeah or you've even showed an item (I don't show much any more).  There is something within some people that they try to claim what you found.  'That's mine' I've had people say.

Is what I found 'yours?'

Maybe you can tell us a 'that's mine' story!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well, I think a phrased the 'assignment' a little too awkwardly. 

You mean to say that your detector didn't actually find anything, the nerve of you for the tease.

Why did so many people laugh at my question is all I want to know.

• Like 1

VL   ,  I didn't laugh ! (I don't have any likes left so...)

OK , this isn't funny  !

I'm certain those 20's are mine as I have a collection , some are missing and they match up perfectly. All of them were in pristine condition and none of mine had any dirt on them either... they all look like they were just pulled out of a bank envelope. Exactly like those in your pic !

• Oh my! 2

I was hunting a beach and a woman says to me, "I get half of everything you find, we're a team!"

I said "ok, but you're gonna have to dig half of it". She said "oh it's too hot".

I searched just past her and found a plastic gold pirate coin on the beach. When I came back I gave it to her son. She thanked me and asked if I am there all the time, I said no, I usually don't hunt in the afternoon because people interrupt me too much. 😁 That sorta ended that.

One day an attractive woman said "if you find a diamond ring it's mine". I said "Sweetheart, if that's a line you just blew it", and grinned. She looked shocked and then said "guess you get that all the time". I laughed and said yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My "That's mine" story? Years ago I found a big gold high school class ring in a lake. I tried to locate the owner from the info on and in the ring to no avail. Eventually I went to sell the ring on eBay and had bids up to $200 when someone messaged me saying that they thought that the ring was theirs.

Sure enough, they provided details that proved that they had lost it so I cancelled the bidding and returned the ring. I only asked for them to pay for postage but I kind of felt like I had lost $200. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1