mn90403

Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

If you are not reading all the threads then you would have missed this:

I did get confirmation this afternoon of shipping to me...yippie.

Gerry said that.

Mitchel

• Like 2

How much did you have to prepay Mitchel?

The problem is not when, if not, how many units will the distributors receive?

I didn't make my Equinox purchase from Gerry.  I didn't have to prepay because of my 'relationship' with my dealer but Minelab wanted to send to prepays first so I followed the rules.  Bill will have my detector this weekend and send it to me.  I'll have it for my beaches early next week!  I'll tell you when I get it.

Dealers don't want to get caught in the who's first game.  Please don't ask them how many.

Steve has said the fire storm was about to begin and now it has.  Two months from now it will probably be out.

Mitchel

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Steve has said the fire storm was about to begin and now it has.  Two months from now it will probably be out.

Mitchel

I'm not sure I understand you here.  Two months from now what will be out?  The Equinox???  Deliveries are already being made, so that can't be what you mean.  The Equinox to everybody who has prepaid?  The Equinox to those who haven't prepaid?  Please elaborate what you mean Mitchel.

The 'storm' right now will be 'Where is mine?'  How much longer will it be before they are 'on the shelf' and I can just buy one.  'I've been waiting since last summer ... 'Why can't I have mine now?' etc, etc.

The pent-up demand has had the fuse lit.

How much time before you get more?  That storm.

Mitchel 

• Like 1

To Spain they will arrive only 4 units and from what I have understood to England they arrive only 10. It is what I have understood, it could be that this ill-informed

It is impossible to deliver every presold detector to everyone immediately. Small numbers are being allocated around the entire world so a few get out to all regions. More machines will follow very soon. Not everyone can be first. In general, those that put money down early are getting the first machines. Those that waited to do so will be later in line. That’s just the reality of the supply chain ramping up.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I didn't make my Equinox purchase from Gerry.  I didn't have to prepay because of my 'relationship' with my dealer but Minelab wanted to send to prepays first so I followed the rules.  Bill will have my detector this weekend and send it to me.  I'll have it for my beaches early next week!  I'll tell you when I get it.

Dealers don't want to get caught in the who's first game.  Please don't ask them how many.

Mitchel

The 'fire storm' will only be out if Minelab recognizes the amount of interest in their new detector and seriously ramps up production...personally I see this getting worse and worse as a few finally get out and the reports (of just how good/versatile it is) begin coming out....

so the fire storm really begins next week and will build as folks see how few have actually been shipped out....we're talking very large Worldwide demand here folks...

oh and Minelab, if you're listening, it's absolutely necessary to let us know exactly what you plan on doing to put this fire storm out....cheers....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      I scored a permission a few days and finally got to it today. Although not very old, it turned into a very productive hunt. I was using an Equinox 600 and was digging everything from nickles up. First sweep yielded a wheaty, that's a great way to start a permission. Little did I know I would spend the next 5 hours digging almost almost nothing but coins. Almost every sweep netted a coin or something cool, fortunately, everything was shallow. After almost 2 hours of digging nothing but copper memorials and wheats, when I get a solid and repeatable 33 on the nox. I flip the dirt over and felt a metal object hit my digger :headbang: big silver!!! I love these coins, I thought I might find a silver Washington or maybe a Bengy, but, the Walker was a big surprise. That was only the beginning of a great silver day from a rather small yard. As you can see, lots of neat fun stuff came out of the yard, the 3 small Mexican coins were in the same hole. It appears to have been a homemade piece of jewelry because the solder joints look a bit rough. I also found some kind of trade token, but I cannot make out what it is because it's worn pretty bad.
      I went over the place 3 times from different directions and will be going over it one more time with the Etrac just to see if the Nox and I missed anything. I also have another permission a couple of houses down from this one. I plan on trying to get into several others as well. Very unusual yard, I found a silver rosie on top of the ground last week when I was delivering the mail to this house, which is what prompted me to ask for permission. Several of the wheats were barely under the surface, the Walker was maybe 2" deep, nothing over 5"  It appears that this yard has never had grass or has been worked since the house was built, barely a blade of grass, just dirt :icon_scratch:

• By Steve Herschbach
      Equinox 600 / 800 Full Instruction Manual (English pdf 5.59 MB)
      Equinox 600 / 800 Getting Started Guide (English pdf 847.71 KB)
      Equinox Battery Charging Recommendations And Warnings
      Equinox Downloads Page (Other language versions of above)
      Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page
      Some Equinox Videos Done By Purchasers
      Can I Be Critical Of The Equinox Here?
      Equinox 600 Versus Equinox 800
      Minelab E-trac, CTX 3030, Excalibur Versus Equinox
      Minelab Multi-IQ Technology Explained
      Selectable Frequency And Multiple Frequency
      Tips For Getting Started
      More Tips For Getting Started 
      Even More Getting Started Tips
      And Yet Another Getting Started Tip new 6/3/18
      Loose Rods, Wobbly Rods, Rod Flex
      Important Tip - Global Vs Local Settings
      Minelab Equinox Factory Presets
      Minelab Equinox Tones & Advanced Tone Options
      Video - Adjusting Zones, Tones, & Tone Volumes On Equinox
      External Speaker Not Turning Off When I Plug In Wired Headphones
      Short Bursts Of Intense Static Or Interference
      Equinox Recovery ( Detect Speed ) Settings
      Recovery Speed & Target Masking
      Recovery Speed & The Conveyor Belt
      Ground Balancing The Minelab Equinox
      Equinox High Mineral Tips
      If The Audio Is Open Gate Or The Snap Shot Type ?
      Iron Bias - What It Is
      Why Only 50 Points Of Target ID Resolution?
      Nickels Versus Tabs
      Bottlecaps & Equinox
      Target ID Normalization
      Some Minelab Equinox VDI Numbers
      Another Equinox Target ID Chart
      Target ID Numbers Can Vary With Search Profile & Frequency
      ads by Amazon...
      UK Target ID Numbers new 8/9/18
      Canadian Target ID Numbers
      Australian Target ID Numbers
      Jewelry Target ID Numbers & Tones
      How Metal Detector Discrimination Works
      Iron Falsing
      A New Way To Do 50 Tone Audio
      Is Park 2 The Magic Mode??
      Park 2 Compared To Field 1 Or Field 2?
      Park 1 & Field 1 versus Park 2 & Field 2
      Multi-IQ Frequency Weighting Differences Between Park & Field Modes
      Number Of Saved Profile Slots For Custom Settings
      User Profile Button
      Gold Nugget Detecting Tips new 6/19/18
      So What Is Gold Mode Exactly?
      Equinox First Gold Nugget Photos
      My First Equinox Gold Nuggets
      Equinox, Micro Nuggets
      Target ID Numbers For Gold Nuggets & Gold Jewelry
      Complete Set Of Equinox Physical Measurements
      Remove Or Reposition Equinox Handle & Pod Assembly?
      Waterproof Connections & Audio Jack Sizes
      Equinox, Lithium Batteries, & Air Travel
      Equinox Battery Life Test
      Minelab ML80 Wireless Headphones
      Check ML80 Battery Level
      Equinox Future Firmware Updates
      Minelab Discount For U.S. Military
      2018 - Year Of The Equinox!
      Minelab Equinox - The Best All Around Detector I Have Ever Used!
      The Simple Reason Why Equinox Is Special
      The Video I Have Most Enjoyed So Far - What Makes Equinox Special
      I Saw In A Video Where Equinox Got Beat By....
      Early Minelab Testers Question??
      Equinox 800 - My Take, Commentary, And Testing
      Is The Equinox A Deep Seeking Machine??
      Gold Coin Found With Equinox

• By steveg
      Hi all!  

FINALLY, after a long wait, I have a 6" coil on the way.  I'm really looking forward to trying this coil in some really trashy spots I have in mind.
      A question for anyone that has the coil -- have you done any depth comparisons with it and the 11"?  I'm curious as to how much depth would be lost, given equal settings, on a coin-sized target?
      Thanks!

Steve
    • By unearth
      Which end of the Nox is the waterproof end? Is it the coil cable end OR the coil receptacle on the back of the controller? Or, are both waterproof? When I rinse my Nox off after a beach hunt I cover both connectors with my thumb so as not to get the pins or the pin receptacles wet. Does anybody know what the thread count is on the connectors? I would like to get a male and a female solid end so as to rinse the Nox off without any possible water problems.
      Thanks for any info on this matter.
    • By Sasquatch
      Hey just got an Equinox 800 last week, my first detector.  First of all thanks for all the info, it has really helped me figure out this thing!  So far I've only detected around the house and found a wide range of trash: Nails, stakes, nuts, bolts, old chunks of iron, shell casing, a piece of buckshot, molten aluminum nugget from a bonfire, stainless steel wire, tarp grommet, bottle cap, tin can lid.  Nothing amazing but happy with the results, right now I'm digging everything with a consistent signal to learn, figuring out the Target ID and learning the sounds.  Probably a little tough area to start at, but as soon as I figured out the sensitivity and ground balance, the signals are much clearer, I've been impressed how deep it has found some things.  Also suprised I haven't dug any hot rocks yet, there are a lot of rocks in our driveway that are magnetic and I expected to be having to dig a lot more, but so far haven't dug one.
      Thanks again for all the advice on here, excited to go look for some nuggets and lost stuff.  Really happy with the machine, love the wireless headphones!  Seems hard to beat for an "all-around" type machine.

• By unearth
      Went to a local So. Cal. park this morning, and boy what a workout! I'm not sure the Nox is the right machine for a modern trashy park. In some area's of the park the Nox was sounding off like a machine gun. I tried P1, P2, F1, F2, 5 tone, 50 tone, 0 GB, manual GB, auto GB, recovery at 5, 6, 7 and IB at 3, 4, 5. It seems no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the machine to quiet down. It might just be too much trash. I couldn't keep up with the Noxs' noise. I got tired of trying to distinguish good target sounds from bad target sounds, so after two hours my head couldn't take it anymore so I just gave up and headed home. 
      Anybody got any ideas on the best way to handle this type of park? Or, is it best to just pass it by?
      Thanks in advance for any help in this area.