RenoGeoff

Getting More Comfortable With The Nox

Nice coin that first one.

I seem to find a ring whether Gold or mostly Silver almost every time i go out with mine too. 

• Like 1

Nice hit getting the Seated. I like it!

• Like 1

Soaked the Seated overnight and got most of the crud off. Nice detail on it except for a few scratches

20180731_091852.jpg

Awesome how the Equinox will give an audio hint of good targets between the trash. 

• Like 1

Nice finds. There seems to be two camps on the Nox, those that like it better the more they use it and those who say it was all hype and is no better than THEIR favorite detector. I'm with you, the more I use it the happier I am with it. So much so that I sold my other 2 detectors. Good luck to you Reno....congrats on the nice coins.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joe D.
      Hello all,
            A little primer first; as some of you may know, my Equinox is in "the shop", due to previously posted issues!  No worries; using the old trusty At Pro!   
           So between Covid, and the horrendous heat wave we are experiencing, i haven't been out much to detect!  But many of you have been out, and posting!  So i just had to suck it up, and get my butt out in it!! Summers here used to be a nice balmy Easterly breeze most every day! The last several years have been unusually hot and humid, with little to no breeze, and record temps! Dangerous conditions, if you don't hydrate well! 
          So, i decided to hit a few local parks, that I've hunted previously, a year or two ago! And stick to the "shaded" areas to make it bearable!  Yesterday i had the 5x8 stock coil on, and did about 3 hours, before it became unbearable! I was soaked, but did well enough for what i expected to find!
      Today was much the same, in a different park! With the 8x11 stock coil! This park has very large tree's, so the added depth helps here, due to very rich soil! 
         My results; as you will see below; are fairly typical of my park area's!   Oldest coin was a 1955 D nickel!  Along with a few early 60's; and up to present day coins!  Not exactly ideal finds, but goes with the age of the area's that are accessible here! And it keeps my skills up! I included some of the junk items in my  "paper towel" displays for future reference! 
         I'm looking forward (probably 6ish weeks) to getting the Equinox back, and get back to the beaches! 👍👍

• By TreasureHunter5
      Wow! Look at what just came out of my aunts backyard! It looks like a 1976/bicentennial coin collection. It clean up really nice after a lot of work. It was not very deep. I am really glad I didn’t damage the acrylic(I think it is acrylic).  I wonder how it got into the ground. Did someone bury it on purpose? Who knows. It is a great display. I can’t believe how nice it is. What do you think?

• By Bash
      So I've been getting a lot of clad coins with both the Equinox and the Vanquish 440 in the local parks, but even in the older ones, silver coins have escaped me for a couple of months now.  In between thunderstorms this afternoon, I hit the neighbor's parking strip, and in less than ten minutes, I pulled two silvers and a wheatie!  My first silver quarter, AND my first Canadian silver. The quarter is pretty trashed, but I'm glad just the same!
      Felt good to break the slump!

• By TreasureHunter5
      Here are most of my good finds of the past year. I have a lot of pennies, a few dimes, 2 quarters, and 1 nickel. I saved a few old pull tabs because they were out of use before I was around. I have a button, a toy car wheel, A few bottle caps, a spoon head, a few keys, a EP co cap, a knife, and a broken toy gun. I have a few finds not shown here. Like an arrow to a bow, a game horseshoe, another toy gun, and a few older coins that went into my coin collection. The gun in the bag in from the 1950s I believe, and a picture of a mint condition one is below. The mason jar liner was un broken when I found it but I hit is with the shovel( I saved it anyway). The zinc cap was to far gone to save. Hope they are interesting to look at.

• By GB_Amateur
      Split from this thread
      Have you read some of Mark Gillespie's posts about using the TDI/SL in a school yard loaded with coal waste?  Here's one.
    • By GB_Amateur
      There has been some discussion about detectorists being welcome or not on various public properties.  This post is related to that.  I'm calling it a "feel good story" but it probably feels better to me than it does to you!
      Couple weeks ago I was at my (new) favorite park which has been providing old coins (Wheaties, Buffies, silver War Nickels, Indian Heads, and even a few silver dimes), not generously, though.  On this particular day I wasn't having much luck, it was getting hot, and my hunting spot was starting to experience other visitors.  Although I don't mind people seeing me, I do like to keep my distance (even before the pandemic), in particular to allow them to enjoy the park -- it's meant for everyone and I can find coins pretty much everywhere whereas their activities may be more confined.
      I decided to check out a crushed stone parking lot that is no longer used.  Part of it was in the shade and it was getting pretty hot.  I had gotten some good signals there while traversing it previously on my way to greener pastures and I figured there might be some goodies which other detectorists hadn't bothered even considering.  I was digging a promising target when I hear a garden tractor approaching, then stopping about 10 feet away (good social distance 😁) and looked up as the driver turned off his engine.  "Well, I've never seen anyone detect a parking lot before" to which I replied "glad to hear that; maybe for once they left me some good stuff."  Then we proceed to talk for 45 minutes.  Thinking he might know of some secret spots I asked him how long he had worked here and my heart sunk when he said "six years".  But then he told me he had grown up across the street in the 1960's!  Talk about my attitude doing a 180.  I proceeded to pick his brain and boy did he deliver.  Sledding hill, former concession stands, former residences (the park has expanded since he lived there), swimming holes, picnic areas long overgrown, hiking trails that once were frequented but since forgotten.  He knew some of the history of the park from 40 years before he even had lived there.  I started wondering if I would remember all this 'treasure' he was revealing.
      He told me about other detectorists having been there and said they were respectful.  As long as we fill our holes there's no problem detecting the park.  Now not only do I feel better (I've always felt a bit funny when park employees are around) that I'm welcome, but some of the spots I previously thought might be off-limits are now fair game.  If someone else questions me (not likely, but you never know) about what I'm doing in a certain spot I'll just say "George said it was OK."  If they don't know George then they have no business asking me anyway.
      Oh, the target I was digging turned out to be a 5 inch deep copper Memorial penny.    I dug a couple more relatively deep targets the next time there, having subsequently brought my Estwing rock hammer (way faster recovery but be careful to chip around the target -- a case where the White's TRX pinpointer really helps).  Still only modern coins meaning the parking lot has been backfilled in recent times, and probably on more than one occasion (so the desirable old coins are probably quite deep).  I've since moved on to the lush 'gardens'.  Plenty more stories and photos of finds to be posted in the future.