Dropped My Zed

One comment to a post above.

The TDI control box is heavy gauge aluminum, it is held my four stainless steel screws to a thick aluminum flange which is firmly attached to the rod. Of course, I guess it could have come loose somehow due to sliding sideways to the ground. Even if it did however, it still has the ability to be body mounted.

Just sayin!

The bracket the control box is attached to with screws is riveted to the shaft. From memory it was these rivets that broke. Whether it can be body mounted or not is inconsequential, it still broke & shows these things can & do happen to more than one brand regardless of pricing. That was the point I was trying to show, not trying to point the finger at any particular brand/s or any particular machine/s. I'm sure we have all seen or heard of accidental breakages on all major brands?

Just sayin'!

So is Jeep responsible when you get bogged, is Castlemaine (or any other brewer) responsible when you spill your beer, is it Walco's fault when you leave your pick behind etc. NO! Why is Minelab or any detector manufacturer responsible for our mistakes/accidents? Yes they could probably beef them up then the same people whining about them being flimsy would be whining about the extra weight - oh wait they do already. Unfortunately accidents do happen & it can't always be the manufacturers fault?

By the sounds of your daily occurences I wouldn't lend you a two bob watch!

A M; When my Jeep gets bogged it doesn't get broken. When I spill my beer, I can open another- it didn't cost $10,000. When I trip over my dog his housing doesn't break and his screen doesn't go blank. When I break or forget my pick-I have a spare because they are cheap enough to have a spare. And I found a brand of headphones that will out last my head.

You Have a two bob watch!!?  I broke the bob off of mine. Would you be willing to part with the extra bob?

Got my replacement "upper armrest assembly" from Minelab yesterday. They sent it out really fast via USPS Priority Mail, I was really surprised. Pretty happy with their customer service so far.

I've got enough extra parts for my SDC 2300 to last me awhile now. Works as a good "pinpointer" for my GPZ  B)

Got my replacement "upper armrest assembly" from Minelab yesterday. They sent it out really fast via USPS Priority Mail, I was really surprised. Pretty happy with their customer service so far.

I've got enough extra parts for my SDC 2300 to last me awhile now. Works as a good "pinpointer" for my GPZ  B)

See,, That's what I like about these Top Companies,,, That Extra Mile and another Machine Ready to Do Battle, The More I read about the SDC the More I want One. I love that VLF Nugget ability that it has and it does it all day Every Day.

WTG MINELAB,, True Champions.

See,, That's what I like about these Top Companies,,, That Extra Mile and another Machine Ready to Do Battle, The More I read about the SDC the More I want One. I love that VLF Nugget ability that it has and it does it all day Every Day.

WTG MINELAB,, True Champions.

It's a good detector. I found my first piece of gold with it and I continue to find nuggets with it. Sometimes it works better for me than my GPZ depending on the terrain, particularly in rocky dry washes. I can get the small coil into tight spaces and around boulders and stuff pretty easily. And because it's a PI it'll still detect large, deep targets so you don't have to worry about missing those.

I only have a few gripes. It's kind of annoying that you have to use a separate adapter to use a 1/4" headphone jack. I've left that back in the truck a few times and have had to just use the external speaker. With headphones the volume is quite low too. I have a B&Z Booster but it's a little annoying running all the separate wires and stuff and it does take a bit of fiddling to get rid of the audio feedback buzzing in the headphones. The detector is also quite sensitive to EMI and it often takes me a dozen or so tries with the noise cancel button to get that cleared up. It may also be the areas I detect in as well but my GPZ isn't as affected by it.

zed is on a fed ex back across the country to minelab america, no hassle so far except I kinda feel empty like a parent thats just sent their kid off to college and now they have a giant void to fill in their lives. Ive been out puttering with my Whites SST, a great detector, but its just not the same. I love the sheer power of the 7000 and the 6x10 coil feels small next to the gzp14 in an open area.

A second phone call on monday got me the return authorization number for minelab, that puts the detector into the system for repair and it should b back at the service center on Friday. No word from minelab on what if anything is covered under warranty, obviously they need to look it over and hopefully word from them will be reasonably quick on what the plan will be.

fyi,shipping the gpz fed ex standard ground from california to minelab america with $10,000. insurance is $145.