Summer Fun

At the end of May I got out for what has become an annual trip. It has been getting harder to get out and dredge with my 6" so now it has become about once a year during summer leave. I also purchased a SDC this last winter. It's hard to detect in AK in the winter so it would really be the first time out with it. My plan was to detect for the first few days and then dredge. I headed north to where I had found nuggets before. After a long trip and some rest I hit creek. The SDC sounds almost exactly like the GP extreme to me. As soon as I got going I got a good signal and dug a nugget. I thought lucky, so after detecting all around the immediate area with nothing else I moved down about 20 feet into a hole that someone had dug and got another signal which turned out to be another nugget. Now I was getting excited. I few minutes later and only two feet away I got another signal which also was a nugget. By this point I was supper excited. The detector kept chattering over the pile so I panned it and the small piece was in there. Over the next day I raked and gridded the whole area with nothing. Through the whole time I only dug 5 pieces of trash. With no more gold I headed out for the dredging grounds which is a whole other story. The bottom picture is the hole where the nuggets came from.

post-550-0-99939900-1435426161_thumb.jpg

post-550-0-14073600-1435426198_thumb.jpg