Out with the AQ Thursday 3 hours....... Skipping shallows and digging faints only at this location seems to be the best way to control the amount of trash. The one big piece of iron I did dig was shallow... The Buffalo, (191?) was as deep as I've dug in the place for anything, I would say in the 20 inch range.... It sure likes Nickels...And remember I hunt in All metal only..never switched over to mute this time..straight PI hunt only........... Gold ring is small, just under 2 grams 14k , 3 scoops deep..maybe in the 13 /14 inch range.. Ring never really gave a good solid hit so maybe it was on it's side? 10 gold with the AQ,  9 rings and 1 misc..Can't wait till fall hits and the NW winds kick in...☠️

Side note, This is the beach I'm so confident about the AQ being the best I had invited anyone that want to meet, over on the other forum. So far no local takers but did get a few from a distant that wanted to give it a go. Anyone is welcome.......... A very tough spot, Been hammered for years by just about ever machine made. Been dredged, mined, and Has High Power lines about 100 yards away. And if you noticed in the video I'm wearing a drysuit with dry gloves, during the summer. Water quality is not the best either so playing it safe..Still waiting for the Cygnus invite challenge also...nothing yet. Let me know, the door is open..

'

Second set of pictures are from the batteries I'm working on..should have something working mid July, still waiting on a few detail things. The main thing is battery life and fix the connector issues.

I really could do a much better battery setup if I were to change the shaft to a carbon fiber then mold a carbon fiber battery pack into the rear like the MDT...

21a.jpg

21a.jpg

21b.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Second set of pictures are from the batteries I'm working on

And thanks to those numbers under pictures I've finally understood the real way to have a clear idea of battery duration !

I'm deeply focused on realizing an efficient pack for the Tdi and more than voltage, I need capacity!!!

Tried with discrete success 8 x Ni-Zn 1.6V Pkcell in the original holder, but they are scarce in capacity. Two hours after I started, treshold slowly died and I can clearly heard the lower energy by the sound.

I usually hunt for at least 4 hours to be surprised with gold in last minutes before to quit...Too bad .

SGD

4 x 18650 cells gets about 7 hours of decent voltage on the TDIBH 👍

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Ring never really gave a good solid hit so maybe it was on it's side?

Could it have a crack/break that makes it hard/impossible to set up a good eddy current?

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

The Buffalo, (191?)...

You only showed us the reverse, but the amount of detail (not much wear) makes me think you should be able to see the last digit of the date.  I get that you might need a magnifier.  I used to search through coins super fast as a kid, capable of picking out every tiny detail; now even my corrective lenses aren't enough.  👓👓 (four eyes, heck!  Maybe six or eight.)

Thanks, as always, for photos & videos, allowing us to live vicariously through you and your AQ (and Excal).