Old 18k Wedding Band Richard And Amy April 7th 1875

Seen a open window to get in a few hours Saturdays late lowtide. Not much day light but second target of the day a old 18k wedding band. Gave a null but I've had some good luck digging them of late so I went for it. About 12 plus inch's down things started sounding good. Not sure how deep it was but did take me about 9 minutes from start to finish. Once home I seen the inscription...Kind of though it said Sept, but after real close inspection I came up with Apil..which I think is April...I can only imagine Richards and Amy's tear's...MY guess it was lost the late 1800's....

Time to get back on the "AQ" Battery Project...been playing to much..:happy:

21a.jpg

26.jpg

OBN-0000.jpg

gopro.jpg

Gold strikes again.  

I just saw an old post of yours as OBN on TN from about 6 years ago.  I should read more of your posts there.

Mitchel

Great find, I sure wish I had some play time. Been hot as hell where I'm at, But that explains why you hunt the water, staying cool one ring at a time. Keep them coming!!!

That's a beauty Joe. Look at those Hallmarks. Nothing like the old Gold.Keep digging those nulls. 

Congrats Joe! That is the best kind of find- a ring with a story- awesome!

8 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

I would love to see a picture of the marriage records but I don't belong to that site, anyone here belong and maybe capture and post it? Thanks for sharing Againstmywill...Very Cool!! Just a guess they were in Washington DC area and stopped in for a swim at the beach.....I can only imagine 1875 ...10 years after the Civil war...And there visit possibly around the 1890's....

Imagine if you could follow the family line......and reunite it.

I did this many years ago but the ring had a much later date on it.....1945 if I recall and quite specific names engraved. I tracked down the daughter of the rings owner (unfortunately had recently passed)......special moment for sure.