I Hope It Does Happen To You

mn90403

I looked at my Equinox 800 screen when I heard it.  This Sound had potential.  It was not like the familiar sounds of pennies, quarters and even the nickels.  The screen read 9 and that had Potential too.  I swung over it in a couple of directions and it still had a solid 9.  Then you dig.  Still a 9 and a good sound as you go down 3-4-5 inches to the patch layer.  Then it is in the scoop and you look down in the dim light and you don't see a coin.  You can see a shape and the wire mesh too!  That is real POtential.  I turn on my light and voila it's a ring and its yellow!  POTENTIAL!

IMG_8834.thumb.JPG.680241839353781e33792f4e458457ad.JPGIMG_8835.thumb.JPG.feb06e9c569e40babfb1ccf7bbc21676.JPG

When I got home I looked it over.  It is not the best ring that I've ever found but it was the BEST and only ring I found last night.  It is 10k/RL/CZ/BOUVIA.  Potential realized.

Now, this is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.

Last night was a hunt pattern that I have repeated before.  It is a normal beach detecting pattern for me.  I put my son to sleep about 8 PM and when he is sleeping a couple of hours I get up and detect the beaches for 4 hours or so.  The beginning was the same with parking and beach entry.  After walking about half a mile I could see a detectorist light up ahead working the beach.  I could not tell which direction they were working but I knew this spot.  It could be good but I was going to let them have it.  I walked off the wet sand into the dry and avoided the spot for quite a distance and then I dropped back down to the beach.

Someone had been to this portion of beach before me but they were gone or it had been the detectorist I avoided.  I could not see them any more and no one was in front of me so I relaxed and looked for the clues.  Pretty soon I found a coin.  I circled and found another.  I saw some recent (within 2 hours) unfilled dig holes and I included those in my pattern and then in my grid.  The picture emerged and I could see the beginning and finally the end of the patch.  It was a small patch this time but I'll take it.

No one came across me while I was working this patch.  There were no seagulls.  I hope this happens for you on your patches.

IMG_8837.thumb.JPG.4c9106acb91da4746666039b7e4202f9.JPG