Weekly AQ Production Progress Report

6 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Russ is not in Marketing. As far as I know - nobody is these days - the heads of Marketing were let go some time ago.

Russ works remotely, he is not in El Paso and may not have been there yet - since he came back to FTP

FTP has notoriously poor internal communications

A number of the details he related about the AQ are unlikely to be correct. Here is my view based on what I have heard along the way. I am not infallible on this.

Hardwired coil. No. Various size coils - yes

Wireless headphones - unlikely

14” coil extremely unlikely

Gulf salinity issues fixed with some kind of modification - no - it was fixed by more carefully securing the coil cable to the shaft.

100% discrimination between iron and gold - NO

20’ depth for diving - maybe

Price >$2k - almost certainly

8 - 10 hours on a battery - likely

Replaceable Lion batts - yes

Date - if you want to lose money, bet on any detector being available on a pre-announced date!!

Well ok then , if you want to get technical it's Digital Marketing ! Yeah , I until a cure is made , marketing will never be the same. It's all this zoom stuff now and old school pickup the phone.

But I do like ALL of what you said on what you think about the AQ and where it stands now. Makes total sense. Especially betting on a release date ! But damn , the in house  communication breakdowns are so lame....

On 10/11/2020 at 8:32 PM, Rick Kempf said:

Russ is not in Marketing per se, he is responsible for Social Media - an area they badly need him for and where he will do them a lot of good.

Russ works remotely, he is not in El Paso and may not have been there yet - since he came back to FTP

FTP has notoriously poor internal communications

A number of the details he related about the AQ are unlikely to be correct. Here is my view based on what I have heard along the way. I am not infallible on this.

Hardwired coil. No. Various size coils - yes

Wireless headphones - unlikely

14” coil extremely unlikely

Gulf salinity issues fixed with some kind of modification - no - it was fixed by more carefully securing the coil cable to the shaft.

100% discrimination between iron and gold - NO

20’ depth for diving - maybe

Price >$2k - almost certainly

8 - 10 hours on a battery - likely

Replaceable Lion batts - yes

Date - if you want to lose money, bet on any detector being available on a pre-announced date!!

Wireless : Could be but independently from the Impulse system, i.e. using an external BT transponder. NO BT inside the enclosure.

14" coil NO, 8" coil option YES

Salinity problems? Reported problems had nothing to do with salinity. The salinity of any large Ocean water remains within very narrow limits. There is nothing special about the waters in Mexican Gulf, Florida, California or Hawaii. The enclosed seas are usually much more saline than open ocean 'e.g. Mediterranean, red sea, dead sea or some specific salted lakes.

Demo have been made that the Impulse is insensitive to  highly saline water.

20' depth NO, this is NOT a diver unit; Most probably 10' as the close competition depending on further testing

8-10h battery : maybe, depending on further testing with various types of battery cells

• 1 month later...