Big Boy Silver Ring...

I haven't been out much lately due to some uncomfortable tendonitis but I made it down to a beach this afternoon for low tide.  The beach was sanded in and I wasn't expecting to much from the Impulse but just needed to "get out" of the house mainly.   I had the beach pretty much all to myself with just a couple of surfers and a few walkers.  I was running AM and basically default settings and just enjoying the beach.  I dug several bottle caps so I knew that finding something good would be a crap shoot.   The Impulse was hitting the lobster trap pieces pretty hard and I was getting a double beep on some pieces but not enough. LOL  

I got a good solid AM hit and switched to Tone mode and got the "doo whop" sound of a coin.  I am thinking quarter all the way.  Three scoops down and it finally came out of hole of the caving in wet sand.  It is the biggest ring I have ever detected.  A big boy for a big boy!!!  18.9 g and size 13 1/4.  I can wear it on my left thumb.  To bad it wasn't a gold class ring but I will take silver any day.  

I am not sure what the stone is either.  But beggars can't be choosers. LOL

Thanks for looking!

IMG_9572.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9568.jpg

Wow, that is a monster of a ring, and it is awesome! Maybe banded agate as far as the stone not sure, but sweet find!  ht👍

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Woahhhh that's a biggun !

You're lucky that monster wasn't hungry .....

I hope you didn't hurt your back lifting that  up- wow that's a big silver ring- congrats!

Nice silver whopper!

My silver wedding ring isn't nearly as chunky, but is a size 15! I have fat fingers!🤣

. Here's a few similar agates i found! (On the internet)! Is the bottom of the stone open? It looks like its picking up some of your skin color due to it being translucent!👍👍

20210211_120221.jpg

20210211_120237.jpg

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Nice silver whopper!

My silver wedding ring isn't nearly as chunky, but is a size 15! I have fat fingers!🤣

. Here's a few similar agates i found! (On the internet)! Is the bottom of the stone open? It looks like its picking up some of your skin color due to it being translucent!👍👍

20210211_120221.jpg

20210211_120237.jpg

Those almost look like what they call moonstone. But Steve is probably right with agate.

Beautiful ring. I bet they paid a pretty penny for it. That should have shaken the sand when they dropped it 😄 Great find

Great find!!!!! I was hoping for the mood ring stone Ha Ha. Still looks great in agate though. Keep up the good work.

Well done.

Detectors only find dust in a closet as Jim Straight would say.

Mitchel