Detecting Poverty Flats

I got out today for about 4 hours. A couple of old locals told me of an area near a WW2 air field that had civilian housing when the base was in use. During the 50's the county rented the cottage bungalows out. Small wood structures that were built on pier blocks. They were sold off and taken down by the early 60's. Looks to me to be a 10-12 acre area that had maybe 60 small units. Lots of junk but the area has not been razed. Looks like I have a new area to fiddle around at.

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

You shouldn't have much competition in Brawley!  Great new area to work.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Great finds and I think you are going to find some other very nice finds there also.

Don't forget to dig everything if it is a strong signal as it may turn out to be gold.

Good luck and happy hunting.

14 hours ago, Wendell Clark said:

Looks to me to be a 10-12 acre area that had maybe 60 small units.

That's quite a haul for one day's detecting.  How much of the area have you covered, and which coil were you using?  Also, is the piece of metal with the '49' part of a motorcycle license plate?

I have covered maybe 1/10 of the area. I am using the stock 11, I am using Park 1 , iron on, iron volume set at 1, 50 tones, 6 recovery, 0 Iron bias. The small plate is a 1949 California registration plate. I went back today and hunted in an area that was covered in small demolition debris, slow going. Wheats and 4 silvers today, the charm was eyeball. I believe it will produce more silver but will be a tough nut.

IMG_0375 (2).JPG