Whites MX Sport Waterproof Metal Detector

The Ground Grab will work excellent, that's a given with these. But I have a gut feeling the Tracking will be just as useless as that on the MXT/GMT unlike the XTerra 705.

I don't understand why you seem to think that the MXT/GMT have bad tracking, I have never found a situation where they did not work and work well, but I do prefer to work in fixed and hit the grab when needed and with the GMT you can play with the +/- and stuff it up altogether,lol

On 2/1/2016 at 0:10 PM, Digger Bob said:

Guys, you all need to remember one thing.  This is NOT a true prospecting machine.  Just like the MXT is not.  It is a multi purpose machine, designed for being able to do a little of everything.  The coin mode may end up being the best feature.  The prospecting mode is good, but it is not dialed in to be pure nugget hunting machine.

This, like the MXT, was designed to be the "one fits all" detector for the guy who wants to try detecting for everything.  They took the best features of a top of the line coin machine and an excellent nugget machine and combined those into one.  One machine for the guy on a limited budget who can't afford to get two or three machines to cover all the bases well.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was ONE machine that operated like a GMT, a V3I, a TDI, and a 2300, all in one package?  Not going to happen.

Digger

Exactly!

If the $749  MXS works well then it will be a huge hit. No different than a 22cal over a 20 ga gun. It will cover most all kinds of hunting and do very well. But if your wanting to take down an Elk or high flying Goose then it's probably not the right choice.

I don't think most VLF tracking systems historically have been up to snuff in Australia. Especially on high gain/high frequency machines like the GMT, they have a hard time keeping up and then conversely overshoot. The beauty of optional ground tracking I suppose is - use it where it works, turn it off where it does not.

Digger Bob is right, it is not like the MXT was ever God's gift to prospecting. It is just that it sure did shine in certain situations, like all detectors. The machine absolutely ruled at Ganes Creek, Alaska for years due to low ground mineralization and minimal hot rocks favoring its larger 12" concentric coils, which in turn favored its ferrous id capability, which helped separate those big nuggets from all that big junk. The MX Sport will probably do well for similar situations and be a bit lighter and waterproof to boot. But anyone shopping for a VLF just to nugget hunt I doubt it would even come up in the conversation normally.

I have to have one just because it has been a long time since I have been fired up over anything new from White's and this one has me fired up. Might be just the machine for Lake Tahoe when I am not running a PI.

That makes a lot of sense, If and when you get one it would be good if you could test it in some of your more challenging spots just to see how it stacks up against the Racer or fors core. I am struggling to get fired up over this one, I guess it is the treasuremate looks that just do nothing for me, waterproof or not it is just not talking to me,

I know it is claimed that it is fast than the XP machine so I am wondering how it stacks up against the F75 speed wise.

In all the years I've used and sold Whites - They have never been so aggressive with a detector launch. They are doing it in a fun way without bashing to boot. In the past they would have never put a competitors photo up against theirs. Whites must be super confident in the MXS like no other machine. This is a good sign of the performance they must know it has over the competition!

On 2/3/2016 at 7:14 PM, auminesweeper said:

That makes a lot of sense, If and when you get one it would be good if you could test it in some of your more challenging spots just to see how it stacks up against the Racer or fors core. I am struggling to get fired up over this one, I guess it is the treasuremate looks that just do nothing for me, waterproof or not it is just not talking to me,

I know it is claimed that it is fast than the XP machine so I am wondering how it stacks up against the F75 speed wise.

watching the videos  the sport sounds and seems to react to targets much the same as my SST in terms of recovery speed and tones. That was one of the selling points for the SST the recovery speed was supposed to be improved over the MXT having taken settings from a couple of different models and it is very fast and it will separate and show nonferrous items in a bed of old nails. 

watching the videos  the sport sounds and seems to react to targets much the same as my SST in terms of recovery speed and tones. That was one of the selling points for the SST the recovery speed was supposed to be improved over the MXT having taken settings from a couple of different models and it is very fast and it will separate and show nonferrous items in a bed of old nails. 

I am not sure that the SST is faster, I thought they were the same machine just with less bells and whistles,??