Well, Cvis-chris Provoked Me To Get Out ......

I simply couldn't stand seeing CVIS-Chris post all his escapades.   And he's so rude (even though he's within 3 hrs. of me) that he won't invite me and Elbert along.  😂  So I had to go out and plunder some of my own sites  🤣

Got this 1787 2 reale, and this 1834 Large Cent.   My buddy got a small cuff #27 on this trek.   This was from a site that had previously given up some other reales, PB's, early seateds, etc....  I know I can't steal the celebrity status from Chris, but it was Fun fun fun ! 

20210322_120115.jpg

20210322_120508.jpg

20210321_133444.jpg

Hey!! at least I'm good for something....Right?   I think those are great finds.  The 2020 Penny is my favorite and the Bic pencil is #2 

Awesome Reale Tom!   How on earth did you get a date off that Large Cent?   ~Tim.

Is that penny a covid mint? might be worth a lot of cash!!!!  Great reale and LC, Glad someone is finding the reale's. That's my bucket lister. Thanks for posting!!!!

Good stuff, Tom. Glad to see everyone getting Spanish silver! And you're keeping fashionable by digging a coin with a hole in it! 😁

4 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Awesome Reale Tom!   How on earth did you get a date off that Large Cent?   ~Tim.

Hey there Tim :  My camera is not good on dark objects like a dark-green-patina LC.   Unless I played around with tripod, lights, etc....  So I'm too lazy to take a better pix.   But it's clearly there:  1834.

There's a few different varieties of 1834 LC's.  And to be honest:  I haven't even studied to see which variety mine is.  One of them *might* merit some $$.  But ... not enough to fool with the distinction, the hole, the wear, etc.....

8 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

My camera is not good on dark objects like a dark-green-patina LC.  

Thanks Tom, I have just had bad luck pulling dates on copper older than the 1920's - let alone in the early 1800's.  I'm sure there are areas around Houston that have historic aged targets (again... that 2 reale is incredible!) but my research skills seem to be even worse than my detecting skills 😄 .  Keep the great finds coming Tom!!  

~Tim.