Rye Patch For Starters!

The weather may have turned for the better in Northern Nevada.  It was time to get out and check how my GPZ 7000, would handle the moisture/salt from the Winter Storms.  I pulled into the Burn Barrel to camp, but it was like pulling into a KOA.  I unloaded my trusty RZR and hit the trail to find a nugget.  I ran into several folks out trying their luck, all had smiles on their faces and enjoying our outdoor hobby.  I was told that Gerry was having his training at the Burn Barrel which explained the crowd of RV’s.  I did get time for a short visit with Gerry and Lunk, before heading out.  The soil, is a little noisy with High Yield/Normal.  Using Difficult settled it down perfectly, but not my preferred setting for dink nuggets.  Anyways, I hunted in Normal and ground balanced often to give my ears a rest from the noisy ground.  I didn’t find any dink nuggets which are the Bread & Butter to any poke, but did find a couple of Steak & Lobster nuggets before loading up and heading home from the short Dirt Recon Trip.  There’s gold out there, you just need to get your coil over it, I need some Bread & Butter Nuggets to complete my meal.  Talking about meals, my Dog Marley refused to eat his normal dog grub on this trip, and only wanted what I brought “Fried Chicken”.  Until the next Hunt!

LuckyLundy

3924275E-9EDD-45E3-A51A-27E69F41A79E.jpeg

2DBFEF53-061B-4997-9E11-D7B1469D3203.jpeg

16 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

There’s gold out there, you just need to get your coil over it,

Nice job LL, congrats! Will be out there next weekend.

You did awesome “for the short dirt recon trip”, as per your usual lol 😄.  I’ll be heading out there next month after I get back from Florida...can’t wait to get in the wide open spaces again!

Saweeeet....

Nice going Lucky!   You always come home with the goods, well done.  

I bet it was a great feeling riding around in your buggy, after a cold winter.  

Brian. 

3 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

You did awesome “for the short dirt recon trip”, as per your usual lol 😄.  I’ll be heading out there next month after I get back from Florida...can’t wait to get in the wide open spaces again!

Looking forward to finding gold with you again Peg.   See you soon. 

Brian. 

Well you missed your chance to visit with me as I struck out for Truckee to see Marty the Magnifcent.

We did a BIG HUNT in the parking lot at the softball field and found at least 2 dollars.... maybe😂

but the weather was great e had a wonderful breakfast and always good to get back with old friends....

enjoyed reading about your hunt... sorry I missed you but I figured you would be over there.

48401905-1797-4E90-AEBA-A7DC7C672705.jpeg

1C2AC00D-4901-4D67-ACE2-4ED92E0796CA.jpeg

71A1955D-C647-4C41-81A5-EC3BA5596E2D.jpeg

C2611BD6-BC2B-482B-8334-264F7B6616F0.jpeg

Paul, been following your slow trip!  Yep, you were close to our new home just off Hwy 395 too!  395, is a great ride on the back side of the Sierras!  Catch you on your trip back South.

Rick