GPX 6000 All I Want To Know Is

4 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

I just wanna know what the Taskmaster thinks about his..... 

Quit effin around an clue me mate.!!!!!!

He`s probably sitting on the fence, wait til he realizes it`s barbed wire...... .😉

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab have made clear that the GPZ 7000 is the top dog, especially for larger, deeper gold. I would expect vey few serious operators to ever take a step down, as the drive is always "more power, more power." JP already made it clear the GPZ is and will continue to be his main machine.

Long story short it will not be a market dump for the 7000. This is not a deal where everyone is upgrading to what is being sold as a more powerful replacement for the GPZ. Most power users will stay with what they have, or maybe add a 6000. I think this is aimed at people who have a SDC 2300 or GPX 4500/5000 etc. type detectors, but for whom the GPZ 7000 was too much weight and too much money. GPZ 7000 owners are last on the potential customer list I would think. The ones that are considering the 6000 are probably more in my camp. Willing to give up the chance of hitting a one pound nugget at three feet. Guess I'll only dig mine at 2.5 feet. The 6000 targets the bread and butter around here. I'll not worry about the big one going beep if I get over it.

I'm the target customer, not JP. So where are you? :smile:

After seeing the latest test vid in the other thread my big question now is.........Why?  It was hitting a 1/2 ozt at 18" in EMI in Difficult and Sensitivity at 4.  I would think with the 17" coil you could hit a pounder at 3 feet 🤣

The 6000 is all about light weight and amazing sensitivity on the sub gram stuff with good outright 5000 depth performance of which we are already very familiar. This has all been bundled into a modern electronics platform with the inclusion of GeoSense PI so the 5000 outright depth aspect of the 6000 will have a positive effect on its overall use. 

The 6000 does an amazing job at what it was designed for, namely pulling gold out of thrashed areas, everyone talks about not wanting to lower themselves to chasing ‘fly chit’ gold but at the end of the day its fun to go home with a few bits and pieces in the jar.

For me the situation has not changed except in one aspect, I no longer carry around an SDC as a mop up beeper for when the tiny pieces are plentiful and instead use the GPX 6000. For those times when I do not want to ‘rig up’ a 7000 the 6000 is just plain fun and if I do get my 6000 coil over a nice piece then at least I am now in with a chance. 

At the moment I’m seeing so many people making little comments about ‘why get a 6000 when I can still get tiny pieces with my GPX 5000 or GPZ 7000?’, it grows so tiresome seeing this type of remark!! The 6000 has not magically stopped the other techs from finding smaller pieces. The 6000 is going to be very popular with the hobbiest who just want to find a little nugget without all the weight and complication of other machines, they just want to switch on and start detecting and have half a chance of finding some gold no matter how small.

In the mean time my main stay detector is the GPZ 7000, it is still king of the mountain in spite of that mountain being huge and cumbersome. 😂 

JP

PS do you have any idea of how repetitive this sounds? 😡  For the past 20 odd years I’ve been saying the exact same damn thing every time a new detector comes out!!! Probably the worst machine in all those years was the GPX 4000 and it was still revolutionary thanks to the Sens Smooth type timings!!! 

27 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The 6000 is all about light weight and amazing sensitivity on the sub gram stuff with good outright 5000 depth performance of which we are already very familiar. This has all been bundled into a modern electronics platform with the inclusion of GeoSense PI so the 5000 outright depth aspect of the 6000 will have a positive effect on its overall use. 

The 6000 does an amazing job at what it was designed for, namely pulling gold out of thrashed areas, everyone talks about not wanting to lower themselves to chasing ‘fly chit’ gold but at the end of the day its fun to go home with a few bits and pieces in the jar.

For me the situation has not changed except in one aspect, I no longer carry around an SDC as a mop up beeper for when the tiny pieces are plentiful and instead use the GPX 6000. For those times when I do not want to ‘rig up’ a 7000 the 6000 is just plain fun and if I do get my 6000 coil over a nice piece then at least I am now in with a chance. 

At the moment I’m seeing so many people making little comments about ‘why get a 6000 when I can still get tiny pieces with my GPX 5000 or GPZ 7000?’, it grows so tiresome seeing this type of remark!! The 6000 has not magically stopped the other techs from finding smaller pieces. The 6000 is going to be very popular with the hobbiest who just want to find a little nugget without all the weight and complication of other machines, they just want to switch on and start detecting and have half a chance of finding some gold no matter how small.

In the mean time my main stay detector is the GPZ 7000, it is still king of the mountain in spite of that mountain being huge and cumbersome. 😂 

JP

PS do you have any idea of how repetitive this sounds? 😡  For the past 20 odd years I’ve been saying the exact same damn thing every time a new detector comes out!!! Probably the worst machine in all those years was the GPX 4000 and it was still revolutionary thanks to the Sens Smooth type timings!!! 

Thank you for the personal insight of the GPX 6000, JP. I would love to see a comparison between the GPX 6000 and a Gold Monster 1000. It sounds like they would be comparable on the surface, but your images of the holes you’ve dug for those fly chits look well beyond what a GM can sense...  So at least for shallow areas, or even deeper ones with a little raking, will there be that much of a difference?

33 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

JP

JP,

I've followed every one of your reviews and tips way back to the first GPX and I well remember the heat you have taken on each new Minelab release.   The old Finders Forum was a hoot because for me it's a hobby and the unbridled opinions and malice expressed by its members defied logic.   My post was rhetorical, just bringing some of the various internet comments and questions to one place for a little pre-release exposure here in the US.  

Me and most of the DP members are anxiously waiting for your unrestrained views and experiences with the new 6000.  Your expertise is always appreciated.  

I think JP summed it up nicely. Yeah, 6000 gives Monster run for the money, but I still bet on Monster for the tiniest bits.

Yeah, the 6000 gives the 7000 a run for the money, but I still bet on the GPZ for the deepest bits.

For me 6000 is SDC that should have been, in regular box, with swappable coils. And better ability to obtain a smooth threshold while retaining power. SDC is more compact, fully submersible, less expensive, and will kill hot rocks that will bother 6000. But for me there is no comparison. Maybe an SDC owner that has Coiltek coils, but not really. That’s an aftermarket kludge, and looks it.

So you could say the 6000 is like an SDC done up like a normal detector. But for me in my mind it’s “GPZ Lite” as the 6000 audio responses largely mirror GPZ responses as far as hot rocks and salt, though the 6000 handles salt way better. But anyone used to a GPZ will find 6000 familiar, just easier and smoother.

It’s all very straight forward, with the only calculus here one to be made by people weighing 6000 vs 7000. For the power users, it will come up GPZ or GPZ plus 6000! For people like me.... 6000 all the way. I’m enough older than JP that our paths have now parted ways. Power guys are more in JP camp, I’m more in retiree camp, slowing down, and the GPX 6000 was made for me. Perfect detector at perfect time of my life. It’s 6000 + Equinox for me, 100% covered for anything. 6000 first, Equinox for trash and the tiniest bits (also gives Monster a run for the money there).

All I can say is I let the 7000 go when 6000 entered radar, have not regretted it yet. In fact after yesterday, I’m happier than ever. Just spent a day digging Nevada nuggets, my shiny new GPX 6000 is no longer a gold virgin! Dig some more today.... report soon. I think I’m ungagged :laugh:

I'm heading out here shortly but I'll be lugging the SDC/Monster.  Has the 6000 hit the dealers yet or did you get yours thru some V.I.P. thingy?  These vids coming out look pretty impressive so far.  Today I'll be cleaning up some re-re-hunts as best I can to prep them for the "test" when the 6 arrives......  Have fun today!!!!

On 4/21/2021 at 7:44 AM, oneguy said:

I'm heading out here shortly but I'll be lugging the SDC/Monster.  Has the 6000 hit the dealers yet or did you get yours thru some V.I.P. thingy?  These vids coming out look pretty impressive so far.  Today I'll be cleaning up some re-re-hunts as best I can to prep them for the "test" when the 6 arrives......  Have fun today!!!!

I’m was on the GPX 6000 development crew. This is my first production level model, a step up from my last prototype... which I thought was great. Sadly for some out there, this means I have a 17” mono while the rest of you wait, but being a tester does have a few benefits.

You folks that already own Minelab PI type tech... good for you, be happy! However, if you are a VLF hunter and been hanging back on the PI thing.... if you can afford it, now is the time to take the dive. Very powerful, very ergonomic, very easy to operate. Only caveats, no disc, and price. Otherwise, this is the machine you’ve been waiting for. GPZ 7000 is too deep a plunge, this is just right for a lot of folks.

Says GPX 6000 fan number one, so just ignore me. I was Equinox fan number 1 for a reason, and this completes my set. GPX 6000 plus Equinox 800 equals nugget hunting bliss. A Monster might hit a hair smaller than my Equinox, but it’s close. The GPZ will hit a one pound nugget deeper... but I’ve had my shot there, not worried about it after 50 years of detecting. My Equinox 6000 is tops, that’s my story, and I’m sticking with it. Not worries about going toe to toe with GPZ operators in Nevada at all, as if you add it all up, salt, shallow small gold, it’s a genuine push as to which is the better choice.