Not The Bucket Lister I Wanted To Find, But!!!

Thanks Monte, I really appreciate your thoughtful advice and experiences you have so kindly worded. It's people like you who make detector prospector such a great place. Thanks for being a member!!! I hope you find another, and post it so I have more reason to chase the Trime. I wish you the best of luck every time out.

16 hours ago, dogodog said:

Thanks Monte, I really appreciate your thoughtful advice and experiences you have so kindly worded. It's people like you who make detector prospector such a great place. Thanks for being a member!!! I hope you find another, and post it so I have more reason to chase the Trime. I wish you the best of luck every time out.

You're welcome and I try to provide what help I can for others.  Both by sharing my experiences afield or pointing out things for folks to learn to better understand how different makes and models work .... or don't work well, based on the hunting type and site challenges.  None are perfect.

As for for finding those elusive desirables, it can be interesting to reflect on the past efforts we put out.  For example I consider my Seated Liberty recoveries.

I have found them in major-size towns Igave hunted such as Portland Oregon and Salt Lake City Utah, but the majority have come from ghost towns associated with railroad activity or gold mining era activity.  My all-time favorite Ghost Town produced an average of 30-35 Seated Liberty coins for each 1 Barber coin.

That favorite town, which  I named 'Twin Flats', I concentrated my efforts on starting in July of 1983 and it rewarded me with my one 1856 Trime as well as my nickel-type 3-Cent pieces,  2-Cent pieces, numerous Indian Head Cents, an 1851 Large Cent and my only Flying Eagle Cent.

Frequent 'V' and Shield Nickels and my only Capped Bust coin, an 1836 Half-Dime.  My Seated Liberty coins ranged from 1838 Half-Dimes and Dimes on up to 1891's, with the bulk of the Dimes, Quarters and Halves dated in the 1850's, '60s and '70s.

One old high-traffic use RR and freighting-point ghost town that produced hundreds of coins for me. Enough to put in 2X2 cards and fill four binders with some leftovers to clean and card.  And the surprise to me from decades of hard hunting is that I have never found a Seated Liberty coin from the 1840s. Earlier and later, but nothing from the 1840s.  To do so is one of my bucket-listers more than finding another Trime.

Just hang in there and keep trying by working the most probable sites you can, and I wish you all the best of success

Monte

Nice lookin' coin !  No matter what it is , you found it and I didn't . Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

I give you a standing ovation !  Good show !

So ,,,,,,,,,,, what you doin' for an encore ??