Crack Gold

oneguy

Had to scratch my crack again today (Fri.) and bailed once it got too hot.  37 bits for 1.610g and had a blast.  Smoke from the fires really bad today and looking forward to cooler, smoke free air....  Oh yeah....FINALLY got to an ounce and it only took 323 bits to get there....lmao!  having fun tho and that's what it's all about imo....

cracky.JPG

Another nice looking haul again. Soon you will have an ounce in short time, but a lot of work for it.

Good luck on your next outing and could you please send me the GPS numbers of where you were at, just so that I don't run into you while I'm out there.

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

could you please send me the GPS numbers of where you were at, just so that I don't run into you while I'm out there.

I'll do better than that.  Gold is from up on Notellem creek, just north from the old bridge about 500-600yrds up is an old pine snag and acrossed the creek is a large boulder, just up on the bench above the boulder...start scratching those cracks!!!!!

Nice crack gold and it all adds up at the end.  Thanks for sharing.

I was dredging in No Cal in the 80s , had to put gear on backpack & climb into creek [ 4-10' wide x 1'-4' deep ] end of summer .

Was working an area where I could just keep my head out of water bareilly , and feel around like racoon and then wait for the water to clear .

Bedrock was on one side ot the creek and dropped quickly , felt a CRACK then bedrock into the creek .

About the 3rd time working this crack - about one inch or so at the top , I looked down again with goggles on and while my face was in the water - I screamed [ maybe the 1st I remember ever screaming ] reached down , finger wide - looked much bigger , at the top of the crack was a nugget that was shaped like a heart , got on the scale latter and it weighed just under 3/4 ounce 😉

Started retiring from union carpentry 😉