** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Some of you have wanted to see a picture of Jacob. Yes, he was real. This was taken in 1999 & he was 81. This was taken in his cabin & he was with a friend playing cards. Sorry I can't get the picture to post correctly.

003.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

Some of you have wanted to see a picture of Jacob. Yes, he was real. This was taken in 1999 & he was 81. This was taken in his cabin & he was with a friend playing cards. Sorry I can't get the picture to post correctly.

003.jpg

I don't describe any of the people in the journal as far as looks. At least not usually. I'd rather let the reader use his imagination as to what the characters look like. To me it's like when you have listened to a DJ on the radio for yrs not knowing what he or she look like. Your brain makes up a vision or interpretation from the voice you have listened to for so long. Then usually, when you actually see this person, you are like "NO - THAT"S NOT WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE." So I don't know what the readers thought about Jacob but there he is in all his glory.

So what was he like? He was a pretty tough cookie. He didn't put up with BS & if you were going to be his friend you had better be ready to buck up when the time came for action. He loved playing cards and his occasional cup of whisky. If he was your friend you knew you had someone you could count on in any circumstance. He liked to swear & didn't care who heard it. Down to earth & hard working. He told me some of his lady friends thought he resembled the actor Clark Gable. RIP Jacob. We miss you. I know you'd be getting a big kick out of the journal. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I don't describe any of the people in the journal as far as looks. At least not usually. I'd rather let the reader use his imagination as to what the characters look like. To me it's like when you have listened to a DJ on the radio for yrs not knowing what he or she look like. Your brain makes up a vision or interpretation from the voice you have listened to for so long. Then usually, when you actually see this person, you are like "NO - THAT"S NOT WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE." So I don't know what the readers thought about Jacob but there he is in all his glory.

So what was he like? He was a pretty tough cookie. He didn't put up with BS & if you were going to be his friend you had better be ready to buck up when the time came for action. He loved playing cards and his occasional cup of whisky. If he was your friend you knew you had someone you could count on in any circumstance. He liked to swear & didn't care who heard it. Down to earth & hard working. He told me some of his lady friends thought he resembled the actor Clark Gable. RIP Jacob. We miss you. I know you'd be getting a big kick out of the journal. 

As a matter of fact, I remember his favorite card game was called Spades.

• Like 3

I also am looking for a picture of Jacob with his Thompson. It was taken on the mine in Summer 2002. Looking high & low for it. He let me shoot it a few times.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I also am looking for a picture of Jacob with his Thompson. It was taken on the mine in Summer 2002. Looking high & low for it. He let me shoot it a few times.

Thank you GhostMiner for an awesome story shared. Your story writing abilities are the best.  Please keep the hundreds of us able to experience your writing talent.   Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NWPROSP said:

Thank you GhostMiner for an awesome story shared. Your story writing abilities are the best.  Please keep the hundreds of us able to experience your writing talent.   Thank you

Many, many thanks. Going to do some riding this Summer. Bought a Royal Enfield 500 Trials Works bike. One of 50 imported to the USA before dropping the 500 single Bullet line forever. Kind of like me - a relic. 

9 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

Many, many thanks. Going to do some riding this Summer. Bought a Royal Enfield 500 Trials Works bike. One of 50 imported to the USA before dropping the 500 single Bullet line forever. Kind of like me - a relic. 

Mine's the red frame model. Already collectors bikes. 

• Like 2

Keep writing , you're gonna need a backup when you burn out on gigging😝

It's a fun story to read and I'm not concerned about the % of real life to made up story line which is of course on our favorite subject .  (My guess is well over 50%.) 

(It would be cool to do the final chapter narrated live around a campfire up at the mine  before you post it ...maybe stage a little gunfire up on the hill for FX ?😧)

THX for the pic of Jacob . It IS nice to know what he looks like IMO.

You fired the Thompson ?  COOL ! 🤠

Nice Bike , be careful on it. Too many musicians lost on those things ya know  ..plus don't forget , the rest of the band is counting on you to make that next booking .😎😎😎😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Keep writing , you're gonna need a backup when you burn out on gigging😝

It's a fun story to read and I'm not concerned about the % of real life to made up story line which is of course on our favorite subject .  (My guess is well over 50%.) 

(It would be cool to do the final chapter narrated live around a campfire up at the mine  before you post it ...maybe stage a little gunfire up on the hill for FX ?😧)

THX for the pic of Jacob . It IS nice to know what he looks like IMO.

You fired the Thompson ?  COOL ! 🤠

Nice Bike , be careful on it. Too many musicians lost on those things ya know  ..plus don't forget , the rest of the band is counting on you to make that next booking .😎😎😎😎

I hear you loud & clear. First bike in 20 yrs but have had many previously including 5 Harley's as well as BSA's, Triumphs, Norton's, etc. Love the old school single cylinder thumper & my very first Royal Enfield. 

• Like 1

Buy a good bucket and keep it under 90 .

Although , I guess as a singer you COULD lose an arm (but not two, microphone unless you buy Garth's CM 10) or a leg and still be able to sing  !!👍🦽  Maybe make that 75 ? 

Goin' up to the mine for the first trip ? ?