Deus II Headphones?

Soky72

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Kind of a steep price for those “dumb” audio only (i.e., no detector controls) WSAII’s (I saw 179 euros, so the pricing seems consistent).  They are not yet available afaict and while I don’t doubt they have some water resistance to enable them to withstand wet weather and perhaps even an accidental dunking, 3 feet submergence waterproof seems unnecessary for a wireless headset where the radio signals cannot penetrate more than a few inches (i.e., the wireless tech doesn’t work when submerged).  So I hope users aren’t paying for unnecessary overkill in the design specs.

To me they will be useful when wading using the wire to RC. When wading I rarely get the control pod fully below water. But occasionally I do have to go underwater to retrieve the target. 

Plus when beach hunting they will block noise and won't be damaged if dropped in the serf.

The manual say IP68 1m.

4 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

To me they will be useful when wading using the wire to RC. When wading I rarely get the control pod fully below water. But occasionally I do have to go underwater to retrieve the target. 

Plus when beach hunting they will block noise and won't be damaged if dropped in the serf.

The manual say IP68 1m.

Yeah, I now see them included in the spec sheet table in the Deus II manual on p. 43:  WSAII-XL IP68 @ 1M.  The WSAII and WS6 back phones are just rainproof.  Interesting.  Still expensive but not much more than wired waterproof phones.  Thanks.

I got an email from Philippe of XP yesterday.  He told me that the XP WSA II XL full cover headphones will be available in the May-June timeframe.  I will have a set of those as soon as I can get my hands on them.

6 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

I got an email from Philippe of XP yesterday.  He told me that the XP WSA II XL full cover headphones will be available in the May-June timeframe.  I will have a set of those as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Did he give a price ? I imagine thru the roof 🤣.

10 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Having a hard time finding the specs on these phones. If these phones are not Db rated for reducing outside noise, then beach users will have no use for them. 

22 minutes ago, midalake said:

Having a hard time finding the specs on these phones. If these phones are not Db rated for reducing outside noise, then beach users will have no use for them. 

They would have to be better that the backphones I would think, and they are waterproof to 1m. I have already pre-order.