White's MX Sport - Sweet Home, We Have A Problem

To All

White's is willing to correct the problem so us see if it is fixed. I don't want my money back and I don't want another detector. I want the MXS up and running like it should. Why don't we just take care of all us number ones on here. I'm sure others will hear about this over time and do the same we'll all do Monday. ( ship it back )

It won't hurt if you do hear of someone having trouble with their MXS just tell what they need to know. If white's had a total recall and all went back at the same time think how long before you'd see the MXS again.

Chuck

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, ElectronicAdventures said:

I can't agree to any of this. Personally, I HATED my MXT until I was able to spend at least a good, solid month getting to know it. The Sport has an infinitely more tweakable interface than the MXT and can be tuned to many different situations.

Out of the box the MXSport is configured for a new user in mind - It's turn on and go and assumes ideal ground conditions.

I know it was mentioned here, but someone suggests running it in 2 tone mode, VCO off, Prospecting. Sounds logical. 20 tones would not only drive me nuts from an audio standpoint, but for any mobile microprocessor to 'think' fast enough to produce 20 distinct tones and assess a metals conductivity, etc. would be challenging.

I'm sure White's is very aware that in order for their new baby to succeed in now fiercely competitive market, it has to perform at least as well as their main competitors.

One thing I will say is that I hope to see a much larger selection of coils. I don't like that big ol' 10" standard DD. When the MXSport was announced, I assumed it'd work with the existing White's and aftermarket coils as it's the same frequency, etc. Maybe they're working on a waterproof adapter? Time will tell.

Dude, my 20 yr old sovereign had more than 20 tones...explorer has a bunch, deus can too...i dont buy the 20 is too much to process, sorry.

I'm sure the machine has no problem processing 20 tones, what does have the problem is the two grey cells in my head. 20 just seems like too much. 2, 3 or 4 works for me. But again is all personal preference.  

I think its great whites is quickly resolving this glitch, i dont own one of these yet, i do want to update my older whites machines with the sport.   I wouldnt have a worry at all now that they will be paying SPECIAL attention to these detectors before they leave the shop.   Thanks for llistening Whites.   Rick.

I don't know how to start this off so I'd better just jump in feet first because I have felt like the one Guy who never got invited to the party So to Speak and at times was unable to reply,

As not to go to deep in to it I will start a separate thread, But I did see the issues and because of the fallout I wish that I had never got involved,

I am sorry if some of you got P'd off with my bluntness but that video burnt my a$$ and I saw the issues within the first few minutes or less and I was being told by the video that this was so and due to my extensive and in depth knowledge of the MXT I called Time on it,

Steve,.. your still number one in my book, I liked you as a Virtual friend all them years ago and nothing has changed and I would still buy you a Beer and a Steak if we ever meet up.  Take Care,, John 

I'm done. I've unsubed to this topic altogether. I guess it doesn't matter I've had ZERO complaints and ZERO issues with the unit's I've sold. It takes one loud voice to start drama like this.

NOBODY seems to be too concerned with Garrett's leaking problems, Fishers EMI issues (F22, F44, F70) and the host of possible issues, real or otherwise that come with any new product. Honestly? Compared to other machines I sell, the MXSport is one of the best 'first releases' I've personally experienced.

Everyone has the right answer. Now, as a tiny Whites dealer, I have to answer to these posts as if there's a major meltdown with this great new machine. It happens. It appears White's is working on the solution - if one is even required.

I'm sick of peoples' dramatic, first-world consumer 'problems'. 

50 minutes ago, ElectronicAdventures said:

I've had ZERO complaints and ZERO issues with the unit's I've sold. It takes one loud voice to start drama like this.

Compared to other machines I sell, the MXSport is one of the best 'first releases' I've personally experienced.

Out of about several hunnit units sold I've heard 3-4 complaints about this issue. Everything else has been "check out the Reale/seated/relic I found." But it's still a valid complaint.

People who are operating at a certain skill level will notice something that 99% of people won't ever see. That's true with cars, computers, and metal detectors. The reason I pushed for a response after the first report of this (which wasn't from this forum) was for that 1%. The hardcore guys spend more money than the hobbyists. And as a company we need to take care of everyone.

The hardcore guys will notice the improvement. Not sure about the hobbyists but we'll reprogram anyone's MX Sport for free if they feel like it needs it.

I'm throwing this in the DONE column for now. Just got back from the trash park. Guess who's paying for gum balls in clad found with the MX Sport...

1 hour ago, ElectronicAdventures said:

I'm done. I've unsubed to this topic altogether. I guess it doesn't matter I've had ZERO complaints and ZERO issues with the unit's I've sold. It takes one loud voice to start drama like this.

NOBODY seems to be too concerned with Garrett's leaking problems, Fishers EMI issues (F22, F44, F70) and the host of possible issues, real or otherwise that come with any new product. Honestly? Compared to other machines I sell, the MXSport is one of the best 'first releases' I've personally experienced.

Everyone has the right answer. Now, as a tiny Whites dealer, I have to answer to these posts as if there's a major meltdown with this great new machine. It happens. It appears White's is working on the solution - if one is even required.

I'm sick of peoples' dramatic, first-world consumer 'problems'. 

I think you are missing the point, And if you wish to start new topics about other brands I am sure you will get a good response, How ever this Tread is about the MX-Sport and we would all prefer to remain focussed on the topic in hand, But feel free to start some new threads/topics I look forward to your input,

Oh and in case you didn't know some of the people here  have worked with Whites personally on and off for quite a while.

have a nice day,

John

It's a pretty huge thing that folks at Whites are listening.  Hopefully the issue Steve had can be resolved quickly.