Legend First Hunt

Hunted in park 1  G disc pattern, set the first tone break back to 8, sens at 27 and 60 tones. I ran different recovery speeds but probably 7 & 8 mostly.
 Really like the way it feels in my hand. Swung it for 4 hours and no wrist problem at all. The tones were really nice.

Our first stop was an old farm house location. They had previously grazed cows on the field so the grass wasn’t to tall. It didn’t take long to find the location of where the house was. My sons first coin was an 1873 shield nickel his second an 1893 V nickel. Those were our only coins. We did get several relics like you would expect from an old farm house. 
The second stop was another old farm house location that I had previously hunted. Josiah got a wheatie and I got a 1903 V nickel and a 47 Jefferson. A few other relics were found there as well.

Our third stop was the testing spot. An old church location that we have hunted, our club has hunted and who knows who else. The old coins are deep and that’s what we wanted to see about our  new Legends. Would they find us something there? That was the question. I honestly didn’t expect to but hey ya never know. The church yard is small and it’s been gone over a bunch! I set the recovery speed at 1 there with everything else the same. We only found one coin a 1915d wheatie but the Legend didn’t disappoint at all. I called my son over to go over it with his Legend and he looked at me and smiled. That sounds good he said. The depth meter was pegged and it was that sweet sound. I pulled out the plug cleaned out the dirt, swung back over it and it was still in the hole. I dig out some more and put my pin pointer in the hole. It was right in the center of the hole! I got out my small digger and proceeded to remove smaller bits of dirt and kept removing it. I use a trx pin pointer and it was all the way down flush with the ground and the coin was still in the hard dirt. The next few scoops removed the coin. I was grinning from ear to ear the Legend picked out a solid 10” coin with no problem. 😁😁😁

I swung the Legend a good four hours today total and was thinking at the end of the day this very well might be my new go to detector. Only one hunt but we’re both really happy with them. Looking forward to getting out with the Legend again! Thanks for reading! Good luck and HH!!

E2B26D34-956C-4BB0-91DD-420ECA52B9C0.jpeg

sounds like you had a good time with the Legend

6 hours ago, DSMITH said:

sounds like you had a good time with the Legend

Yes! It was a very enjoyable day. 
I think the Legend has features from the Equinox and the Deus plus more. It’s a really cool machine!