A 61 Penny Spill Plus A Bonus Silver

Tuesday evening I took the deus out to practice in the yard and hit some fringe areas.  I had probably had my nox in these areas but only maybe once or twice.  The first two good finds were copper memorials in different spots.  There’s a power pole in the yard and a while back I hit a wheatie maybe ten feet from the pole with the deus.  So after hitting those two memorials I headed over near the pole to see if I might find another wheatie.   This time  I went on the opposite side of the pole from where I had found that wheatie.  I got a strong 88 tid and thought that maybe it was a deep smashed beer can because I had dug a few of those not too far away with the nox a good while back.  I dug about five inches down and see a small spill of a few pennies.  I get those out and stick my pinpointer back in there and it goes off again. To make a long story short, I kept doong this over and over with the pinpointer and then the deus until I had 61 memorials!   It probably took me a good 45 minutes.  I checked the date on a few of them as they came out of the hole and they were 60s and early 70s.  So in all I got 63 memorials ranging from 1959 to 1975.  

Wednesday night it rained but this evening it was nice and sunny.  So I decided to hit an area over by my shed.  In the pic it’s on the opposite side of the shed.  I dug a couple of junk targets and then I got a nice 91-93.  From about six inches down out comes a 1947 rosie!   I have searched and searched for silver in my yard.  The only silvers anywhere close by have come from an old spring which is about 120 yards away.  This rosie puts me at 14 for the year.  

6346E825-EE61-45D8-88B6-F0C97CE47D4F.jpeg

FDB55F4A-1560-48BA-B20B-7FA7E4527A1B.jpeg

5464491F-6DF7-40B1-A5BB-8719F1680326.jpeg

CACCE15A-7369-448B-927F-CA8DE2B3E79F.jpeg

You really have a nice yard. 😀

Nice hunting in a nice yard, glad to see you save so many memories.

Looks like a place to detect for some relics.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Could kids have been playing pirate in your yard during the 70’s?

that's so weird so many coins like that, you'd think it'd have to be done on purpose.  Great find none the less.