I Am So Excited!!!!

I just made my flight arrangements to Australia and I am off the wall happy---- !!!

Leaving the end of next month and couldn't be happier to get back and hear the Taskmaster screaming at me......lololol

Luckily i didn't lose my airline points from 2017-18-and 19 and that gave me free passage from here to Sydney and back-- the rest i pay for in Aussie dollars !! Yes!

Total airfare as best as I can figure is about 1200 AUD from Sydney to Perth to Meeka and back

I may even try to get up north this year to where Mad Tuna is on station  ...if i get a proper set of  body armor first😆

From what I've seen i left some gold there in Meeka and that's ok-- i walked over it at least a hundred times-- i always swing high and fast,,😉

Seriously, Y'all don't know how happy I am to finally get the chance to go back---- I often think of Fred, and how he would have loved to go back,,,, so with Gods help I am going to do it again and this ones for you Fred!!!!

Much love to you all and good luck this year finding your dream!

No longer VA Nurse Paul------ Outback Yank now...

Good luck and good hunting.

Stay safe and leave the big nuggets for me when I get down there soon. Please leave the coordinates.

Have fun and don't get burned.

I have advised Australian Border Force that a gold smuggler is trying to get into Australia wearing thongs (flipflops), shorts,  singlet and the real giver away he has a Yank Accent. I think that will slow you down Paul. 😊 

4 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

I often think of Fred, and how he would have loved to go back,,,, so with Gods help I am going to do it again and this ones for you Fred!!!!

I think of Fred often too.  He shared his maps with me when I went on my trip.  I'm sure he'll give you a few pointy fingers on your trip Paul.

Have fun and stay longer than they want you to stay.  Can't you retire there?

Why not just move there? I can't say I'd be as excited as you are to be going there, I avoid the place like the plaque as now after living here its too hot for me, I leave my wife to go visit the family without me 🙂  In saying that I now have an interest in gold prospecting which I never had when I was living there, took up detecting 32 years too late I guess. 

Hello Paul,

Well I might see you out that way…..I’m kind of retiring soon so hopefully will be out and about a bit more. I live in Perth so that’s about 700 kms from Meekatharra. Let me know if there is anyway I can help you out at any time……unfortunately I don’t know where the nuggets are 🤔

Tony

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Why not just move there? I can't say I'd be as excited as you are to be going there, I avoid the place like the plaque and leave my wife to go visit the family without me 🙂

Okay….where is “there”……Meekatharra or Australia 😂

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Australia 🙂

I think I'd rather live in Perth than Meekatharra although the little nuggets scattered all over the ground there would be a nice little bonus 🙂  Perth seems a nice city, my wife went there for her work when we were in Brisbane and came home wanting to move there, I had to put my foot down as it's too far from snow for skiing 🙂

I never went to Perth, like most east coasters the west coast is a bit alien to us.  A shorter flight to another country than to Perth 🙂

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Perth is a great city well laid out and the Perth Mint is worth seeing. Meekatharra had more iron bars and house anti-break in equipment than we had when I lived in Bougainville (Croc Gold Island) Papua New Guinea. I had a quick look around Meeka got a one bit of gold but moved on the next day.