My Legend Speaker Broke, Funny Story

Dirtshark

So I was talking to the owner of a little shop whose house is right next to the store.  the House Seemed old so I asked for permission to detect. Came back the next day and the shop/homeowner was curious and he hung around quite a bit while I was hunting. Nice guy and we got talking.

At one point he asked me if my detector was a "good" one. I said yeah, very good, and he asked how much it cost so I told him.... around 700...

Five seconds later I hit on a alminum can and get a massive signal on the Legend......and the speaker just died. I knew as soon as it happened it was toast. 

I just told the guy, they are a good company, and that I wasn't bothered in the least. 

Stupid can killed the Legend. lol

Thankfully Nokta has the new sourced speakers available.

Good tip for anyone with a Legend, use a big metal target and maximum volume to hopefully blow your speaker so you can get the new model speaker less prone to failure 🙂  Better to have it happen on purpose than out in the field when you're relying on it.

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Good tip for anyone with a Legend, use a big metal target and maximum volume to hopefully blow your speaker so you can get the new model speaker less prone to failure 🙂  Better to have it happen on purpose than out in the field when you're relying on it.

Lol, I couldn't believe it. 

Every Legend has an Achilles heal. 

I am going to miss my baby when it goes to the hospital....

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

That’s exactly why I always have my equinox 800 in my trunk with my legend.

I keep the small coil on the legend for the trashy areas in parks and 10-5 on the 800 for the less trashy areas.  

The speaker defect is a downer, hopefully they fix her up quick so you get back to hunting.

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Nokta is now using a different speaker in the Legend. 

yes, very recently they changed, but all the original buyers have the bad one.

Simon is right all original buyers will have the bad speaker including mine. I might get onto the aluminum can trick and get it over and done with. I really haven't been using it much lately anyway...

I'm not worried about my old style speaker as I always use the HPs. I'm sure Nokta will warranty any & all old style speaker issues regardless of timeline. I also doubt the majority of the old style will end up defective. There are a lot more Legends out there than are represented on the forums or social media.

17 hours ago, JCR said:

I'm not worried about my old style speaker as I always use the HPs. I'm sure Nokta will warranty any & all old style speaker issues regardless of timeline. I also doubt the majority of the old style will end up defective. There are a lot more Legends out there than are represented on the forums or social media.

This is exactly how I would have responded. THANK YOU SO MUCH!