Exit Shrubbery, Enter Silver

Was out to a local basketball court the other day trying to pad my totals for 2022. I was digging whatever had good, solid sounds using the 10x5 on the Equinox. Just a short time into the hunt, I noticed that a line of shrubbery that had been along one side of the court was no longer there. 

I started in the middle and worked way to the right side. There were many pennies and dimes, with a few nickels. Quarters were not in the mix, so when a 32-34 ID showed up, it easily caught my attention. Down in the soft dirt, among some roots, a large silver spinner ring popped out, likely lost while someone played ball and it rolled under the shrubs. I just happened to be the first person to detect the area after the removal. The gold ring is my wedding band which looks like a a child's ring next to the silver monster. 

Park 1, all metal, 7 recovery, 50 tones

IMG_20221228_105728.jpg

IMG_20221228_105741.jpg

IMG_20221228_140136.jpg

IMG_20221228_141015.jpg

IMG_20221228_141043.jpg

IMG_20221228_141140.jpg

IMG_20221228_151329.jpg

That ring's a beaut.  My wife would snap it up but it would probably only fit her big toe.  😁

I see quite a few modern coins in your digs pile.  Did you total up the face value?  How much time was invested in this hunt?  Just curious -- I'd like to compare it to some of my similar experiences.

That's a nice chunk of silver. Good find.

Congrats -  nice ring!  Love finding rings.  

Great hunt with some nice silver. I enjoy the old courts around here because you never know what you are going to find.

Good luck on your next hunts and have a great 2023. Stay safe out there.