Just got done laying out all the finds from my week long trip to a campground, it was an old hunting lodge and camp before it changed hands twice to become a full fledged campground. I was going to tumble the coins first but decided to do them and all the others I've found together.

I've been here 3 times now, thought I hunted the heck out of the place but find I was wrong. I'm getting better as a detectorist, and now have a better detector, the Deus 2. 🙂 Probably a combination of both.

Over the course of a week hunting anywhere from 3 to 6 hours a day, I got all the stuff below:20230615_184959.thumb.jpg.6c419f7c09e23ac14a0521b5e3a249eb.jpg

262 coins, oldest was a 1926 buffalo nickel. 3 rings, one is either gold plated or filled, estimated at 1950-1965.20230615_175323.thumb.jpg.56769a19d24f905d6fa80be83c95ade3.jpg

Got it pretty well cleaned up, it looks cast and has some gold solder where it broke once.20230615_175405.thumb.jpg.97d11f209f460db4190fed9ddde1a155.jpg

Old script "V". The pictures don't do it justice, it's really shiny.

Got a working hand torch, a cheap but working flashlight, an old duck call, keys, and some stuff used to make a bracelet. One 1930 wheat and a 1978 penny with what I think may be a laser hole in it, it's just too perfect. The only silver I got was the tiny iron cross on the earring. 3 very old buttons were the relics, one from the late 1800s and two much older.

Quite a week.

20230612_202741.thumb.jpg.79576d380fa7c08736a8d20e5bf4e4a6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Wow, that's a LOT of digging!  Looks like it was fun!

Yes, around 30 of the 84 Zincolns I got were all in the same spot with the 8 keys. Can't imagine what that was about. They were all right next to a tree. About $20 in change total.

Best part was the compliments I got from staff that they couldn't find any of the holes I dug 🤣

Great hunt again and I bet your knees are still hurting from all the digging.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

What a nice compliment, they couldn't find any of your dig holes. Nice Job !!!!!

5 minutes ago, Dig It said:

What a nice compliment, they couldn't find any of your dig holes. Nice Job !!!!!

Considering I dug around 300 holes in the place, I hope I'm giving detectorists a good name. They also appreciate me digging all the live ammo there. Didn't find any this time. 😀

RV campgrounds are awesome places, most haven't been detected. That is if you don't mind a lot of modern coins. 🤔

Kicking butt and taking names!  You hit it hard.  My knees hurt looking at the pics.   

59 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

Kicking butt and taking names!  You hit it hard.  My knees hurt looking at the pics.   

Thanks Chris, funny I didn't notice all the digging. 🤔 Some places it was constant too, I'd dig one and immediately find another. I wear one knee pad, it helps a lot. Lots of coin spills.

2 hours ago, markinswpa said:

Impressive haul. Congrats.

Thanks Mark, 

I really exceeded last year's total for coins there, might be an indicator of improvement in V1.1, or that I just got better. I was using the 13" coil, used the 9" a little bit but didn't notice any real difference.