GPZ 7000----- Should I Buy Nf 12 Coils Or?

As always, we all have our preferences. As I said several times before, for me the NF12 has been a game changer, and it is a significant upgrade for the 7000. The coil is more stable, more sensitive, lighter, better built and has practically no depth loss compared to the 14 stock. Most grounds I hunt are highly mineralized, so the coil configuration is a perfect match for me. I can highly recommend it. I use Bogene's setting from time to time and find it beneficial in some but not all circumstances. As reported before, general/ difficult works well for me in volcanic hot rock infested grounds that I often face in the desert. In fact, it is the only setting that produces gold that is in close proximity to hot rocks. I wonder how the 15CC would perform in these difficult grounds. I also use the SP01 religiously, and I find it a great combo for both the SDC and the 7000. So, is $1300 a wise investment? Absolutely in my view, and I like this coil ever since I mounted it, just as much as I like the NF12x7. Again, guys, we all have our viewpoints and the only thing that matters is the rattle in the pillbox at the end of the day, however you get it. 🙂

GC

2 hours ago, Deep Beeps said:

But I know I've pulled out several .01gram specks at 5"-6" on my combo.

Did you really mean to say .01 or .1?  

I use nearly the Bogenes at sensitivity of 18 on my 7000/15CC X-coil and I'm working a patch of small nuggets and I've found many nuggets under .1 g and down to .03 weighed on a scale that is not very sensitive.  A fellow detectorist uses the 6000/NF and found his smallest nugget to be .023 g.

12 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

A fellow detectorist uses the 6000/NF and found his smallest nugget to be .023 g.

I can beat that (as posted before). 2 inch down, was a clear signal and noticeable, but machine run full bore and very slow coil swing. 😉

smallnugget.jpg.0ebc2fb68864b70ff241a12f3e79a7a6.jpg

I just ordered a .001 scale so I can be more accurate.

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

I just ordered a .001 scale so I can be more accurate.

yep, when people say they found gold so small it shows up as 0's on their scales I tell them to buy some decent scales 🙂

I remember my balance scales in college chemistry.  You had to weigh the copper wire and the sulphur before you heated then together and then weigh the product.

32 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yep, when people say they found gold so small it shows up as 0's on their scales I tell them to buy some decent scales 🙂

Simon it is a lot better when it gives a error on the dial due to the nugget being too heavy.  😉 As far as which coil to take to W.A. and Tib. NSW it is not the size of the coil it is the size of the gold and the depth of the gold.  W.A. from my experience the gold is mostly under a few grams and shallow due to the fact that most of the light soil has weathered away. I would be lucky if I have found a dozen or so nuggets there over and ounce, but a few thousand under 5gm. Only 1 large nugget was deeper than a foot, it was a large specimen with well over a pound of gold in it. So the best coil is the one that will get the size of nuggets that you are chasing and depth, that you can use for the full duration of your day, with no over exertion by you.

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

yep, when people say they found gold so small it shows up as 0's on their scales I tell them to buy some decent scales

ML should have put a 0.0001 scale into the 6000 box, as a standard accessory...😁

GC 

3 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

ML should have put a 0.0001 scale into the 6000 box, as a standard accessory...😁

GC 

Yea, but they'd be Minelab branded scales and if the same engineer makes them as made the Manticore or Equinox 700/900 the scales numbers would bounce around all over the place so you'd find yourself estimating the weight of your gold.