That's a lot of good targets and easy on the trash.   I hope you have a stylish beach hat to wear.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JCR said:

That's a lot of good targets and easy on the trash.   I hope you have a stylish beach hat to wear.

I've "heard" rumors of a guy detecting that beach with a foil "Sun"bruaro! Pretty sure it's F350! The reflection blinds  satellites, and repels trash targets!! Next he's gonna try a  "jiffypop" hat!!

Nice haul man!!🏆 Glad "your" beach goers weren't as cheap as mine!! 🍀👍👍

• Haha 4

Wow, nice haul, F350, well done! There's no way I would have lasted that long in that heat, way to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We can put you down for another nice hunt with all that hard work you put in.

Great looking car and some nice change also.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there in the heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JCR said:

Thanks JCR, 5 hours in the heat was about all I could stand, I  found the Middle East to be more comfortable. 🤣 This is the Beach of Low Expectations, but it is amusing to find so much stuff. 😀 I've found some old coins and odd relics here and now know why.

A Bandana, military/biker helmet style, quick dry sleeveless basketball type shirt, and quick dry or ripstop shorts are my beach couture. At the first beach I usually don "sensible shoes" as the pebbles tear my feet up, I can wear water sandals at the other. 😏

I generally end up with a line across my forehead, so I sunburn the top later mowing the lawn. One must maintain balance in life 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WTG , and you found Lightning McQueen ! 

Nothing like finding live explosives on a beach 😳

Nice pile a quahtahs too !👍

I found 8 in one hole a couple of weeks ago...ok , it was a big 1' dia.  hole . LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I've "heard" rumors of a guy detecting that beach with a foil "Sun"bruaro! Pretty sure it's F350! The reflection blinds  satellites, and repels trash targets!! Next he's gonna try a  "jiffypop" hat!!

Nice haul man!!🏆 Glad "your" beach goers weren't as cheap as mine!! 🍀👍👍

Thanks Joe,

Amusing thoughts, I've been doing the bandana thing since the Army in the 80s. 😀 Trick was to get it up under the helmet so the "uniformity police" didn't see it. In combat they'll let ya do what ya want, training is a different story. Wearing any helmet in temps over 85 can be a bit trifling.

I have found many rings at the first beach, all either silver or tungsten. Eventually I'll score something my wife will like, but it seems like there are more detectorists there now. I get tempted to leave some of the pull tabs behind 😁 I got two gold at the second last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, nice haul, F350, well done! There's no way I would have lasted that long in that heat, way to go!

Thanks Cap'n, I may name my beach program "The Hoover". 🤣 Or to really confuse the younger folks, "The Electrolux" 🙄

In the 90s I was "privileged" enough to attend a training exercise in Turkey, oddly just prior to Desert Storm. 🤔 115 temps and hard work were the routine, but it was dry. I missed the actual conflict but learned some great lessons about dealing with extremes. 🙂

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

WTG , and you found Lightning McQueen ! 

Nothing like finding live explosives on a beach 😳

Nice pile a quahtahs too !👍

I found 8 in one hole a couple of weeks ago...ok , it was a big 1' dia.  hole . LOL

Thanks RVP! 😀

I think the biggest haul was reaped by a woman who was cleaning up the beach. I saw her with an armload of clothes the first time, then a bunch of boogie boards and a couple fishing rods that appeared to be intact. She said she cleans the stuff up and gives it away or sells it.

Sometimes I tell the curious that I'm looking for mines, guess I got one. It has an ironic name. 🤔

Yeah quite a few coin spills, the last one at the small beach where I got skunked the last two times I went there. It ain't always gravy, and I'll never find enough to pay for parking. 🤣

• Like 2