Beach Hunt 2023 Has Started

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Including two Walkers!  If I added up right you've had 41 silver coins in your last three hunts.  Didn't you say others beat you to this area?  If so, how did they miss so much, were they ignoring high conductors to concentrate on gold jewelry?  And is there a chance Mother Nature puts an end to this before you get everything within your detector+coil's capability?

I know you earn what you find, swinging that battle sword for many hours each time out, but it still seems like you've been on time travel back to the 70's/80's.

Hopefully more silvers to come if I get out tomorrow 🤭 The pros out there hit this beach and every other one in the area. But they know there is no gold where I was hunting. They read the beach and kept to the gold bearing areas. No one strayed because the other guy would take their spot. I heard there were at times 8-10 guys combing the beach. I can tell they never ventured up my way because of my nickel count and the other small non ferrous stuff I found. They would have to dig those or miss gold.

Unless we have another big storm, I don't see my areas being covered over anytime soon. Everything I was digging was from just below the sand to a maximum of 10 inches. So even if it gets sanded in, I should still be able to get more coins. Tomorrow should be the test as I'll be hitting another area. If that produces, then I can say a good chunk of that beach was evenly washed away.

I agree, it's mostly all from that 70's- early 80's era. Just recent enough to get a ton of clad, but also early enough to get some stray silver. 

Man, tons O'clad, silvers that some never find, and even a baby dinosaur! 🥳 Not to mention the relics, love those "scweezers"! 🤣 What a great hunt. I doff my Chapeau to you yet again! 🏆

Beach hunt # 21 and the adventure continues. Same beach for about 8 hours. I extended the search to almost the end of this half of the beach. I could probably spend another day going over that whole area again, to see what I missed. There are definitely targets in between the areas that I hunted. I had so many hits, I just had to let some go. I almost cried when I finally got my first Buffalo nickel. 😂  How many Jeffersons can one person dig before he gets a Buffalo. The targets were nonstop for most of the day, until I hit an area that was not affected by all of the past storms. At that point, the coin targets dried up. A ton of clad, lots of nickels and 19 silvers. Finally, one gold ring surfaced, along with a gold wire probably from some kind of earring. I think the coin total was 229, along with the normal junk targets and an unusually high spoon count. I’m going to try and get back next week sometime to see if the other side of the beach has any erosion. I never looked on that side to see if something similar happened there as well. I’m very grateful to be able to hunt with no competition present, and very favorable sand movement. Usually, I fight to get 1 or 2 silvers. Recently, I have been blessed with way more than that. This is the best hobby in the world! 🥰

20240203_154130.jpg

20240203_154806.jpg

20240203_155317.jpg

Wow. Guess you need a sack rather than a pouch to haul away all that stuff.

I've had a few of those find/minute hunts, mostly in campgrounds. 👍 You're beat when you're done but it still feels great. Congrats!

BTW I think I only got one silver coin. 🤣

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow. Guess you need a sack rather than a pouch to haul away all that stuff.

I've had a few of those find/minute hunts, mostly in campgrounds. 👍 You're beat when you're done but it still feels great. Congrats!

BTW I think I only got one silver coin. 🤣

I use an empty vitamin bottle that I cut a slot in the top, that I use for dropping my coins and other good stuff in while I hunt. This time it was completely full of coins. That has never happened before. I must admit, you get used to all those squats after a while. I always think I am going to hurt more than I actually do. It kind of feels good, pushing the knees, legs, arms, etc.

If your one silver is lonely, you can send it here 😅

Amazing amount of coins . as usual🤩

I don't think I'd survive a day of the kind of digging you do .🤔

You just beat my year and I haven't even started yet ! LOL 

Beach hunt # 22 is done. This was supposed to be a low tide hunt, so I brought the Manticore, AQ  and the GPX. I started with the GPX since low tide was not for a while. I decided to try the other end of the beach hoping it would be similar to this side, which has been extremely good to me. It was not. 😔 I don’t know why that side of the beach does not get wrecked when storms pass, but it seems unaffected after a storm. So, I hour wasted. I returned to the good side and wanted to go over an area I did previously. They had bulldozed that section flat while trying to repair damages done. I quickly found a copper penny and a silver Washington. Did about 20 minutes there but told myself I have to get the AQ and start doing that low tide. I changed detectors and headed down the beach, quickly realizing all that upper sand that was removed never made it out far enough into the ocean. Low tide was still sanded in. Now what? 🙄 I guess in my usual manner of not using machines the way they were designed for, I headed up to the black/purple sand area. I hunted this area hard with the GPX but remembered a couple of nickels that barely read on the machine. The combination of that sand and a clay bottom within 6-10” made detecting hard there. But first the new area I just got silver at with the GPX. I started finding coins immediately and pulled a bunch of silver and clad along with having some nice conversations with the state workers, which were trying to repair some damage nearby. After I exhausted that area, I really wanted to try the areas I hit hard where the nickels read terribly (they sound squiggly, like a wire would). Not a lot there, but I did notice I was getting some small lead and some thinner brass items. Then I got a decent hit, and out pops a small ring sitting on the clay with about 7” of  sand over it. It had a stone in it that kind of looked good, but the band was encased in that tough reddish/ brown sand. Sort of like the color of rusted iron.  I wiped a part of the band, and it cleaned up enough to see gold. I was 50/50 on it being gold. It turned out to be a 10K small diamond(?) ring, size 5 ½. So not using the AQ quite like Alexandre designed it for (sorry about that)😅, but it is my first gold with the AQ, I ultrasonic cleaned it, but it needs more work. The totals are in: 136 ish coins, 11 which are silver, a silver ring and earring and possibly some kind of clock pendant and the 10K ring. Some other neat relics include some religious medals, a pocket watch, and some junk jewelry. One lone Buffalo nickel to satisfy my need to not dig a zillion nickels without a Buffalo. Another fun hunt and a chance to try the AQ in tough sand conditions.

20240209_085304.jpg

20240209_091346.jpg

20240209_091720.jpg

20240209_094910.jpg

O TAY ! 11 silvers and a gold topper !  Another 5# of coins , (those must really be adding up !) 

You didn't make me look so bad today though.           The others beat you to it this time ! 😏

And somehow I got a clad quarter,  a pull tab. And a ball of foil that was actually a nickel  ! 

Until I scraped down to it and found the foil..    

Nice ring! You even got some Pacifico in the Atlantico. 🤣

Quite interesting to see the AQ performing like the GPX. Great hunt! 🏆

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

O TAY ! 11 silvers and a gold topper !  Another 5# of coins , (those must really be adding up !) 

You didn't make me look so bad today though.           The others beat you to it this time ! 😏

And somehow I got a clad quarter,  a pull tab. And a ball of foil that was actually a nickel  ! 

Until I scraped down to it and found the foil..    

Yeah, I was slackin'. I will do better next time. 😄 Those pennies just get in the way. At least they could be wheaties for crying out loud.  Other people find way better stuff than me 🤔 What you complaining about, you got three finds more than you had before. 😇

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice ring! You even got some Pacifico in the Atlantico. 🤣

Quite interesting to see the AQ performing like the GPX. Great hunt! 🏆

Thanks, What I really got from the Atlantico was a very sore body today. 😅 The AQ did well on the tough sand. It falses just like the GPX if your coil control is bad or you go too fast.  But it did hit that tiny ring and that is one of the things that I though would come in handy. I just envisioned it in the wet sand and not where I was using it. But it will always be used there before or after the GPX is used. Between the two, I'm hoping to cover those types of areas well.