Beach Hunt 2023 Has Started

sohN

I suppose you're right .

My clad quarter is worth 25 of those zincolns , maybe 30 ?  

And I only had to dig  a few holes into a giant dirtcicle too ! 

Thx for pointing that out. I feel better now. 

The half pull tab and foil ball is nothing compared to your junk though . 🤗!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

sohN

I suppose you're right .

My clad quarter is worth 25 of those zincolns , maybe 30 ?  

And I only had to dig  a few holes into a giant dirtcicle too ! 

Thx for pointing that out. I feel better now. 

The half pull tab and foil ball is nothing compared to your junk though . 🤗!

That's what I tell my wife all the time...I have the most junk in town 😂 She just rolls her eyes 🙄

• Haha 1

Of course she does ! You're a musician 😎 so she's used to it !  

( band wives and GFs usually sit out by me during the shows...I've heard the secret words.)😳

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Beach hunt # 23 is over. I started by hunting another beach I had done well on recently and was lucky enough to get a Walking Liberty half dollar. 🥰 I spent about 4 hours there and the only other good find was a military cuff button. So, it was time to move on. Beach #2 however was the beach I have been hunting for the last couple of times, so I didn’t take much for me to head there. It was slow going at first, finally scoring a worn-out Mercury dime. I was pretty sure my day would end with just 2 silvers for the day. I did get a lot of coins, mostly clad, along with less trash than the other beach. Finally, I hit a spot that gave me a small silver ring along with an odd silver pendant. I was almost ready to go, as the sun sets fast these days. I procrastinate a lot at the end of a hunt, and I was bitchin’ to myself that I spent too much time at the first beach. 😔 But as luck has it, I hit 3 targets in a row that were silver dimes. That helped a lot. I did get my obligatory Buffalo nickel, as I feel lonely without one. 🙄 The biggest surprise came at home when I started to look over the nickels, checking on the dates. I usually use nickels to see what era I was hunting in. I would have never imagined I had 2 silver war nickels, as they were green encrusted, as opposed to the normal black beach encrusted ones. After thinking about it, I barely recall finding one green war nickel before. I only spent 3 hours at beach 2, but the finds outdid beach one (time spent). A decent hunt and I’m struggling to see where I want to go next. I may have to again do a 2-beach hunt, starting at a new beach and then ending up at silver beach.

20240215_143954.jpg

20240215_145336.jpg

20240215_151417.jpg

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

As usual .....another good haul !    37 merc is a nice one !

Spoons are well represented today.  The ?  #1 key fob/whatzit on the left below the dimes is interesting.  Looks like a scared ghost.🙃

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

As usual .....another good haul !    37 merc is a nice one !

Spoons are well represented today.  The ?  #1 key fob/whatzit on the left below the dimes is interesting.  Looks like a scared ghost.🙃

Thank. The 37 Merc is in nice shape. Usually they are fairly worn.

I have that charm backwards. I think it's supposed to read  - # 1. On the side I showed you can just read the "ng" from sterling to the right of the bottom of the 1. God I hate spoons  😫

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Stalker said:

School,

What machine were you using for this hunt?

GPX 5000. Now, I usually bring the AQ and the Manticore in case my 2 batteries die on the 5000. These recent hunts seem to draw down each of my batteries after 4 hours hunting. My machine of choice for beaches is the GPX. But the beach takes a toll on the machine. I'm surprised it survives what I do to it 😅

• Like 2

Outstanding again.

I don't know how you do it, but I sure know why, 🤔 looks like things are starting to thin a bit. 😬

I get the silverware but old buttons and doorknobs? Well at one beach I have found some old house parts like glass fuses and such.

Another great one. 👍

• Like 2

•  

20240215_145336.jpg

20240215_151417.jpg

If I've been following correctly, isn't this the first time in a while you've been in single digits with your silver coin count?  Even for you that was a hell of a run!

BTW, if you think of it would you run one of those green Warnicks over the Manticore and report the digital TID?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1