How Does The XP Deus 2 Compare To Other Detectors For Target ID Accuracy?

XP Deus 2 Target ID's Compared  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the XP Deus 2 Target ID's compared to other detectors - Click any that apply to you

• Better than the Equinox 600/800
    • Better than the CTX 3030
    • Better than the Manticore
    • Better than the Equinox 700/900
    • Better than the XP Deus
    • Better than the Vanquish
    • Better than the Legend
    • Better than my First Texas single frequency detector
    • I'm not finding it better than my other detectors

I'm a big fan of Target ID's, I tend to hunt coins and jewellery in places that minimal digging is required yet targets are deep, so now that XP appear to have resolved their small gold problems with the Deus 2 firmware update 2.0 I'm quite interested in getting one.  

Rumours have been rumbling that the Deus 2 has pretty accurate Target ID's, so the idea of the poll is to gather information about how people are finding the Deus 2 target ID accuracy overall compared to other detectors.

I just want a general idea but any feedback below the poll is appreciated. 

I find my Deus 1 shockingly poor for target ID's and my Equinox 800, CTX and Vanquish very good, so I'd appreciate any feedback before I jump in on a Deus 2, as I would primarily want it for a park coin hunter, I like it's improved gold capability but I'd be unlikely to use it much for that, but it's good to know it's capable should the need pop up, if I buy a general purpose detector I want it to be general purpose and be able to use it doing anything without feeling like I'm missing much, a Swiss army knife and for the price the Deus 2 should be that.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Like 4

Where I often coin and jewelry detect, the XP Deus 2 has better/more accurate target IDs than any detectors on your list except for maybe the CTX3030. I have not used the Manticore enough to form an opinion. Accurate target IDs for me also include not falsing on iron/steel targets to the point that I dig those targets often thinking they will be high conductor coins or jewelry. I have used or own all of the other detectors on your list. The only other detector that approaches Deus 2 is the Legend followed closely by the Equinox 600/800 from my experiences with them. Just my opinions.

I was only able to enter one vote for one of the comparison questions. I could have entered a response for all of them except the Manticore.

• Like 2

Sorry Jeff, forgot to click a tick box 🙂

Thanks for your reply and information.

• Like 1

I am hesitant to answer. Discrimination to discrimination Deus 2 wins.

The Equinox can work magic when targets cannot TID. An Equinox will beat the Deus 2 every time with single or double beeps off the coil. The Equinox has the advantage in Black Sand too. 

This is another case of knowing which detector to use when! 

• Like 3

Stability it get a A plus

Accuracy I'd give it a B it tends to lump things together esp when you get above 70 TID...Silver coins are easy as they have been with most well built metal detectors...you already have the most accurate TID machine...you know what I'm talking about.... but i would not discourage you from getting a deus 2 as they are a fun machine to use and fast 

strick

• Like 3

I can see you're becoming more interested in the D2. I don't have any experience with the other detectors listed except the Nox800, Vanquish 540, and Gold Bug 2. I didn't see any Whites or Garretts, but I'd lump the ones I've had in with the First Texas single frequency machines for this poll as far as TID goes.

I love my Nox because it brought me back into metal detecting and it will always have a special place, but after getting the D2 and making myself learn it properly, I can't even imagine using another machine, specially since the V1.1 update. I just click with it now and even if there are better machines out there, this is the one that works for me. I mainly hunt by sound and glance at the ID when in doubt. The D2 is a very expressive audio machine. It does tend to lock strong onto good targets in my mineralized parks and iron laden relic grounds with the right settings for the environment, and when you learn the sounds you almost don't need a TID. Just my experince so far. 😎

• Like 7

ID accuracy is one major plus. Tonal accuracy is parallel.

Weight, versatility, packability, control over just about everything you can think of and some you didn't, fairly decent coil choice (seems they've been watching us here so hope that 10x5 is on the way 😁), even somewhat configurable displays for target ID size. Who else gives you 2 detectors in one box? 

You will find only a few who have had it for a long time that don't reach for it first despite its flaws 🤔

Like the Cap'n I really loved my Equinox but this is a whole new level. It is hands down the best new multi purpose machine out there, and it's getting better all the time.

I use the xy screen to put the target ID in the upper left corner so glare doesn't obliterate it. The graph helps sometimes but it's the tones that really tell the story.

I know a long time detectorist and inventor who is really getting a kick out of his. 😏

• Like 4

3 hours ago, strick said:

you already have the most accurate TID machine...you know what I'm talking about....

Thanks strick, that's what I was wanting to know.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks strick, that's what I was wanting to know.

Yea and that machine has the stability as well...Just lacking in the speed department. Just to be clear my comments on the Deus 2 are purely from a relic hunting point of view so take them with a grain of salt...I like my Minelabs for jewelry hunting... Another thing to consider is that you like using larger coils so you might want to check out how the deus 2 feels with the larger coils before you buy....you may not like the balance. But then there are the after market shafts with counter weights you could buy if you want to start going down that road..

strick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1