The Dusty Trail

If you’re not swinging a Coil in the Goldfields of Northern Nevada in the Month of October you’re missing the best ground conditions of the Year.  My Wife Robin, broke her Ankle on Friday the 13th last Month.  She finally got her leg into one of them Boots and has more mobility and told me to hit the Dusty Trails for a couple days.  That’s all I needed as one of my hunting Buddies was heading out for a hunt as well.  Driving on them gravel roads I could tell it rained since the last time I was out, but my truck was kicking up a cloud of dust you could see for miles.

I met up with my Pard and loaded my RZR up and headed out to stretch my legs.  We wanted to Patch hunt and looked for some dirt with some Colors we liked.  We soon found a spot off the beaten path and spread out for the afternoon hunt.  We both picked up a few before we headed back to camp.  It was just enough sign of nuggets to hit it again in the morning.  There was no signs of old dig holes which we wanted and the next morning we hit it again.  We both hit a couple of spots that could bring more joy on a future hunt.  But, we both had to head back home mid Afternoon.  

I worked on my disappearing Calluses on my hands from a couple weeks worth of washing dishes and look forward to more time on this new area to find its hidden bounty that we only got a sniff of.  Until the next Hunt!

LuckyLundy

IMG_4496.jpeg

Nice gold and wish you more luck on your next outing.

Best wishes to your wife on a full recovery.

Ouch on the break!  I thought you were going to have Robin with you.  Nice to still be finding spots out there.  I wish I could be out there but not with kids in school.

Sorry to hear bout wife's accident, nice work on the Shiny !!!!

I know what you mean, my wife broke her ankle last year this time, and well  it was a bit of a bummer, but we're still here. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery. 👍🙂