Selectable Frequencies Or Smf

If you hunt salt water, no contest.....SMF. Single freqs just don't get the job done near as well.

The basic idea of using multi-frequency 1st generation... was primarily about mastering specific terrain conditions, such as salt water, conductive terrain, or specially mineralized terrain.
among other things, the multi-frequency of the 1st generation also brought a certain accuracy in displaying the ID... which, however, did not have to be very accurate in highly mineralized terrain... we include here Fisher Cz, Minelaby type Fbs, Whites Spectra V3 and DFX detectors..

That was the main advantage of the multi-frequency of the 1st generation compared to detectors working on 1 frequency... which did not have to work correctly on some difficult terrains...,,

Let's also mention a certain disadvantage of multi-frequency detectors of the 1st generation... and that is not a good enough separation in iron... and here in many cases they were better in such separation in iron... fast - 1-frequency detectors... Another significant advantage of 1-frequency detectors /many gold detectors/ also had greater sensitivity and depth to very small targets weighing 0.3 grams and less...compared to multi-frequency detectors of that time... none of the multi-frequency detectors of that time were intended to detect gold as the main detector...on it intended..

The 2nd generation of multi-frequency detectors greatly improved detection and depth on small targets/low visibility targets/ as well as further improved the detection properties and accuracy of VDI targets on various types of terrain...
the separation characteristics of detecting targets in iron have also improved very significantly, even to the level of excellent single-frequency detectors
There was also a significant improvement in the detection of extremely small targets, and thanks to this, these detectors can also be used very effectively in the detection of natural gold...
Here we can include Minelab Equinox, Manticore, Garret Apex Nokta Legend and Rutus Atrex and Versa multi-frequency detectors...
  ...Multifrequency detectors of the 2nd generation also brought the possibility of using 1 frequency as an alternative option in detection..thanks to what they gained in great universality...

It is very helpful to have this explanation of the progression of detectors. Thanks

Thanks for all of your inputs.

I choose the XP Deus I (selectable) with both the 9 inch X35 & 9 inch HF coils; I detect with the X-Y screen. To round out my other half, I choose the ML EQX 900 (SMF) with the EQX 6 inch, EQX 11 & Coiltek 10x5 coils, I am still trying to download the manual.

I’m satisfied…..hypothetically. However, that 2D ID screen on the ML Manticore has sure caught my imagination. Wonder what a beach house goes for these days, definitely no snow on the coast. Yeah but first I should hide some of these detectors boxes in the attic How many days are there until Christmas?

One more question: If a property developer was offering the last two beach homes on the coast, all things being equal including the view except one is a single story and the other is multiple…

Thanks Again and have a Happy Thanksgiving

I would choose single selectable frequencies, or at least with the legend I use single frequencies, mainly 40khz if I'm coin shooting here in canada, I find 40khz rings good on both steel core and nickel coins, if I'm searching out back of my house that has lots of old trash and not so many coins, I lower it to 20khz

I am interested in the deus one with the 9x5 High Frequency elliptical coil, I think it would be neat to search tot lots in 74khz, plus I'm interested in how it would hit our steel coins

Deus one will probably be my next machine