XP DEUS V4 New Accessories Announcement

Ringmoney

When it came out that the Deus would have a pinpointer that was going to be wireless I said no big deal. I just didn't see the merit or the need of having one.

Well I tell you I am wrong big time ! I was detecting not with the Deus but I was right next to a busy street and couldn't hear myself think. The noise was so loud and the vibration so much I couldn't tell if my pinpointer was working are not. The thing was that street had cars trucks and every so often came a city bus by. I too didn't have headphones and that alone put me at a disadvantage. 

I don't have the need for a wireless pinpointer all the time but I can now see it does have a place in detecting.

Chuck 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from isolating the pinpointer response from ambient noise, it will also be very useful for those that indulge in evening/night or early morning detecting where one would prefer not to be disturbed, and with a preference to receive an audio report vs vibration from the pinpointer.  Far from a gimmick, with many practical applications using a wireless setup.

It would have been an added bonus for the Deus to display TID's and provide tone feedback on the target whilst pinpointing.  I guess that idea would be something for XP to look at developing down the track - if the current hardware can support such a function.

Hi Goldpick

You made some good points on the up and coming Deus pinpointer. It's good to say what you're thinking out loud. You just don't know who is reading on what you post here.

We the buyer of detectors need to let all these detector companies know what we like and what we want. They may not get it just right but they do have to get it near to keep us buying.

I do know I've been doing my part on the buying this past year.

The best downunder

Chuck 

On 9/28/2016 at 5:17 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

some extra field testing/debugging was decided to be appropriate, no doubt with an eye to other less than perfect product releases recently

SAVAGE. The absolute Madman Steve H. bringing the heat!

11 hours ago, Goldpick said:

Apart from isolating the pinpointer response from ambient noise, it will also be very useful for those that indulge in evening/night or early morning detecting where one would prefer not to be disturbed, and with a preference to receive an audio report vs vibration from the pinpointer.  Far from a gimmick, with many practical applications using a wireless setup.

It would have been an added bonus for the Deus to display TID's and provide tone feedback on the target whilst pinpointing.  I guess that idea would be something for XP to look at developing down the track - if the current hardware can support such a function.

There is 7 different settings i was told and explained by one of the engineer but my mind was somewhere else as i won't buy it anyway i never used propointer in 25 years maybe one day.....

RR

42 minutes ago, tboykin said:

SAVAGE. The absolute Madman Steve H. bringing the heat!

Now I am the one suffering from a tendency to take things personally Tom so you can't go there! I am trying to get better however.

Fisher F75 had issues with each major revision. Garrett AT had big introduction issues. Minelab GPX 4500 recall. Last DEUS update needed fixing. That was what I was referring to of course but maybe you had something else in mind? :happy:

Truthfully it seems like all major releases in the last several years have had issues to the point where it is common wisdom these days to avoid brand new detector models for the first 6 months minimum. Nobody is immune - even Samsung. At least detectors do not burst into flames!

Just now, Steve Herschbach said:

Fisher F75 had issues with each major revision. Garrett AT had big introduction issues. Minelab GPX 4500 recall. Last DEUS update needed fixing. That was what I was referring to of course but maybe you had something else in mind? :happy:

Now you and I both know White's has never, ever EVER made any mistakes. Ever. :biggrin:

I appreciate a good ribbing better than most, but I also like giving it back (all in good fun). Maybe I'm part Australian.... I appreciate your dry wit and I won't ever take it personal. The opposite should hold true ... take everything I say with two big grains of Kosher salt.

Rivers rat

I didn't use a pinpointer for over  40 years but I don't leave home without it anymore. The best money I ever put down that I didn't think I needed.

Rivers rat go buy you one and the more you use it the more you'll like it.

Chuck

• 1 month later...

I'm just wondering if the XP Deus new coils will make it by Christmas. I haven't seen anything are heard a word on anything to do with it.

I just want to give myself one of the new coils for Christmas but they going to have to hurry.

Chuck