Finding The Needle In The Haystack!

My Buddy LuckyLarry’s little 9x5 coil has been on Fire, since the No-Where Patch Story!  We both swing this little guy on our 6000’s.  It’s very sensitive and has fair depth, for Northern Nevada’s shallow placers.  But, in open Country it’s like Paddling your Life Boat in the middle of the Ocean.  

This hunt we started hitting the old Horse Dung Ridge Patch.  It’s a Mile long Ridge that I never swung the entire length only stopping at its first patch.  Larry, has some legs I’m about to the end of Horse Dung Ridge I pulled my second nugget about 10 ft apart.  I turned to signal Larry of the fast two nuggets and head my way.  He wasn’t on the ridge hunting the left side as I last seen him.  I dug up 4 more nuggets very fast and looked for him again.  I just caught a glimpse of him swinging over another Ridge way out of voice range!  Back to digging nuggets and it seems like the next thing I know someone’s voice scares the hell out of me.  It’s Larry with a big smile on his face.  He said, looks like you found a patch as I settled down from the scare of being lost mind and tuned into my detectors sound for the next nugget.  Larry, said he thinks he found a patch too and produced some very nice Quartz with ample showing of Gold.  We walked back to my Buggy leaving my little patch to hunt the newly named Big Specimen Nugget Patch!  Upon arrival he showed me the shallow hole that all the pieces came out of and we set off grinding the area.  We swung that Ridge for 1 1/2 days with little joy!  We know and inch is a Mile in this Hobby and haven’t giving up on this depleted Quartz Vein.

Larry’s Specific Gravity weigh in for these 3  pieces was over 45 dwts.  Mine on the left received and honorable mention 😂 But, when Two Lucky’s are on the hunt, finding that Needle in the Haystack is possible!  Until the Next Hunt

LuckyLundy

IMG_4985.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

IMG_4986.jpeg

Looks like a great hunt that you 2 have pulled off, congrats on the nice nuggets.

Good luck on your next time out and stay safe out there.

Nice haul for both Luckys…congrats!

Lucky no doubt you do way better than most     thanks for sharing  it’s a good reminder that it’s still out there 

Amazing finds my friend and one things most certainly known, you're not Lucky.  Might be your knicname, but your skills and efforts are most of it. 

I agree the small coils on the 6 are like painting a barn with a paintbrush 🖌. 

Well done both of you.