The Equinox Puts #4 Spanish In The Box

30 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Spanish silver and you seem to be running into each other on a regular basis F350! Well done!

Thanks Lodge,

It's been a great year so far. 🙂 I'm thinking I'm really starting to get this detecting stuff. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's awesome.

Hard to read the date on it, did you try flipping it over and looking on the piece that is missing? :)

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Arrrr nother one  !🤯   

W. T. G. 

21 ID on a Nox 600 ?

Guess my zincoln total will be higher this year ...🥸

Thanks RVP,

It's only if you know you have Spanish silver in the area, or history says so. 

Maine probably does in some places, it was used for currency until the 1850s. Moreso in the Tobacco Colonies. 🤔

Worse, on the Deus, buck balls, pull tabs, and 300 year old gold rings have similar IDs. 😬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yet another cut Pistareen, an early 1700s Philip V, Madrid mint. These things were cut so sharp they probably made holes in pockets, or they stuck to something and were dropped. #4 Spanish silver for the year!

Congrats!!!  Interesting choice of detectors. 😎 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, midalake said:

Congrats!!!  Interesting choice of detectors. 😎 

Thanks Dave,

Yeah, @Valens Legacy has been reminding me to dust off the ol' Equinox, what better time than to use the 10x5 in machine gun iron because of its extreme separation ability.

Between the Deus 2 9" and 11x13", I thought I wiped this spot out but of course that is not true.

I've tested the D2, the Equinox, and a Tesoro Vaquero with nails over a silver coin, and only the Tesoro fully passed the test. The Deus and the Equinox simply could not "unmask" the coin!

Thing is, regardless of that surprising result, it's still a beep/dig machine if you disc out iron, you have to dig everything else unless you have a lot of experience with it like my buddies do.

I plan on returning to these spots soon with the Tesoro because all that is left is iron. It will be really interesting to see if a Tesoro really can unmask non-ferrous in a live situation. 🙂

• Like 5

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I was near the edge of the ravine and got a solid 21 in all directions,

On my 800 with the 10x5 coil it will show a silver dime in the low 20's, and quarters in the mid 20's.

I have no idea why but when I see that I know what I am digging.

Glad you finally took the old girl out for a walk and she came through for you. She was just telling you she wants to go again.

Good finds and wish you more luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Love that Spanish. Keep after it. George

• Thanks 1