19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Watch their 60th Anniversary video  it introduces you to many of the staff, including Mary, looks a nice lady.

They may do a great job of fixing the problems when they arise but perhaps not getting to the bottom of why they're happening in the first place, especially if the problems are split between two people so they may not see how often they even happen.

Pure speculation of course, but three problems with three orders is a bit much so maybe it needs some higher up intervention, or maybe you're just extremely unlucky.  Either way, an earful isn't usually the best approach, a good explanation of the issues will go a long way to fixing the problem for yourself, and may help others in the future from having the problem too.

An angry person with a problem gets the problem resolved with the bare minimum treatment, a nice person gets the problem resolved with a smile and a thank you.

Here is Mary, look how busy she is, look at all them sticky note reminders all over the place! 

mary.thumb.jpg.2a2b067d04dca7ba28e0522d50057300.jpg

I will be calmed down come Monday phrunt, just venting at this point, Mary is a very nice Lady and I always try to talk to her with respect and she has always done the same to me when I do call, same goes for Rusty

i am just upset because of the situation that you and I have spoke about in PMs, and that is the reason I purchased the Z Link transmitter, was to see if that would resolve the issue i am having with that detector, so now it will be next week sometime before I can check the Z Link out on that detector, I am not even sure that the Z Link transmitter will even work for what I want it for, I can use wired headphones for a little longer just do not like using over the ear wired headphones. 

I do know something needs to be corrected at Garrett so people do not have to go through what I am going through rite now

I've found, in  my long life, that a little hostility is often needed. I remember, long ago, I told my quiet, nice partner, that I was going to turn over a new leaf, and be a really nice guy for our entire busy season of construction work. Near the end of the season we had a problem that nobody would solve, so I lost it and reverted back. That fixed it. My partner walked up, stuck out his hand, and said "Welcome back", with a grin. That ended that experiment....LOL

Jim

The customer service reps at Garrett are not the problem so I wouldn't go off on them.

The Garrett.com website information and the Garrett staff that oversea and perform product fulfillment and shipping literally are not on the same page according to what DSmith is recently experiencing.

I hope it gets sorted out for you.

Hope those sticky notes are not all customer complaints...🤫

DSMITH, this sounds like a training issue with the persons responsible for pulling all the parts of an order, and a quality control failure in that no one verifies the contents of the order’s fulfillment before shipping it. Seems pretty easy to fix. 

1 hour ago, DIG5050 said:

DSMITH, this sounds like a training issue with the persons responsible for pulling all the parts of an order, and a quality control failure in that no one verifies the contents of the order’s fulfillment before shipping it. Seems pretty easy to fix. 

Well you would think so, but apparently its not so easy to fix because it just keeps happening, I can not be the only one that this happens to, if I am my Luck is worse than I thought LOL

you would think someone at Garrett would see these calls that keep coming in about missing items that it plainly states is supposed to be included and fix the issue

11 hours ago, strick said:

Does the box come with a packing slip ? 

there was no packing slip in the box that it was delivered in, which I thought was a little odd also

The other thing I found odd when I opened the larger shipping box that they shipped the transmitter in the smaller box that contained the transmitter was literally open, like someone grabbed the box the transmitter comes in and just threw it in the larger shipping box, but if the parts that are missing were there when they threw that little box in the larger shipping box then the missing accessories should have been in the larger shipping container, of course this is all speculation on my part LOL

@strick who actually knows, maybe they were all to busy celebrating the Garrett's 60th anniversary, to make sure things got done and packed correctly LOL, its anyone's guess

25 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

@strick who actually knows, maybe they were all to busy celebrating the Garrett's 60th anniversary, to make sure things got done and packed correctly LOL, its anyone's guess

If there was alcohol being served at the anniversary party that could explain the little opened box and the missing items!! LOL