Best Legend Software Version

Just a quick survey here, Of all the Legend versions available now which one is in your opinion the best one so far?

Please feel free to give your experiences with your favored version.

Why? I'm trying to get a picture of which one I need to try if I have not yet.

Only had 1.11, 1.13 and 1.14 in use. Went back to 1.11 but always open to trying previous versions and get a taste.

I have an Accupoint and I like how it pairs with the Legend, I want maximum depth, I like the semi live threshold in the latest Goldfield mode, I use the mineralization meter a lot, I adjust the iron filter, iron stability and bottle cap filters a lot, I like the adjustable audio gain feature on every mode, I really like the new deep target feature, I will probably not use M3 or Beast mode very much but who knows? I will be updating to the latest non-beta version when it’s released. I can’t recommend any version before 1.09 since the features I mentioned aren’t included in those earlier versions. 

I don't see how the latest updates/improvements and the addition of Beast Mode could detract from the performance in any way. Every update seems to be headed in a good direction. I see no reason to go backward.

I thought when you upgraded to the latest firmware that it included all the previous?

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I don't see how the latest updates/improvements and the addition of Beast Mode could detract from the performance in any way. Every update seems to be headed in a good direction. I see no reason to go backward.

What @Badger-NH said, all the way.

Each update brings more features and/or bug fixes, so I don't see any reason NOT to keep the Legend on the latest version.

...despite what one might read on the FB groups. 😉

I should add you can skip the beta versions, unless you're the kind who wants a first look at new features that may have a few bugs still to iron out.

I forgot to mention that V 1.09 and later work much better at saltwater beaches than the previous versions. 

I'm looking for the most stable version of the Legend software. From what I've seen from the 3 versions tried so far, it feels pretty solid. The 1.14 seemed a bit more chatty and touchy vs 1.13, my first experience out of the box with 1.11(it came with that) was quite dodgy/chatty.

Still waiting on them to refine it some more. I like the Legend, it has found me some stuff in places where other detectors have pounded the area but nothing earth shattering(gold items). But we all know that is a location problem.

I really liked the deep target feature of the 1.14 beta. That alone was a good thing and did make a difference on some targets that either didn't show an ID or were very jumpy. I'd love to see them refine that particular feature more. It would be nice to have a far better understanding of the infamous IF and ST settings and how they relate to each other. I've seen videos, and read countless posts but it still seems to be a black box type thing of hit and miss. It would also be nice to get more information on just what M1, M2, and M3 are supposed to be specialized for. All I've noticed is that M2 seems to hit harder, M3 seems to be more neutered, and M1 is somewhere in between. But weird mad scientists like me want to know what it's supposed to be all about.

I mostly use the LG24 coil, and depth is not what I'm after. I'm after separation among trashy iron infested hellholes littered with can slaw, micro foil and other challenging items. The condition of my swinging arm is highly compromised at this point with tendonitis and shoulder issues (thank you rear hit from car wreck in 2019, and a hit and run from the rear in 2021), and that hampers my ability to swing that LG30 much. So my hunts are not long ones, and must be effective. I'm liking the Legend, and it has fascinated me with all it's little personalities. I just want to be efficient when I am able to metal detect.  

7 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I forgot to mention that V 1.09 and later work much better at saltwater beaches than the previous versions. 

The odds of me using it at a beach are slim. I'm a long way from a beach and the last time I even touched beach sand was back in 2007. Maybe a creek or something around here but even that is unlikely. The places hunted for me are public schools, parks, and an occasional private permission old home site.

Diga gave a really good explanation for the iron filter/iron stability settings. The iron filter settings are like whole numbers and the iron stability settings are decimals like IF 1 and IS 4 is similar to a combined iron filter setting of 1.65 or so, etc.