Finally got the GM1000 out on the lode mine gravels I have access to. The small coil picked through the iron and trash easier than my GB2 did, and with it being so hot it was REALLY nice not having headphones on. Dug lots of crap, but eventually got a couple nice specimens. Tomorrow, up to one of my favorite benches if I can get across the creek! :-)IMG_0653.thumb.JPG.6ed954f2a4eba0572e57e3cd512b9716.JPG

Your patience and skill has been well rewarded. It is now obviously time for you to invest in an air compressor, a jack leg drill, numerous cases of giant powder, fuse. caps and a box of matches. You could have an absolute ball!

Thanks guys! 

JW: they were about 5-6" I think

Klunker: they'd be calling me "PegLeg Peg" if I tried to play with that stuff!!! lol :-)

Good work Peg . 

Similar structure gold as to what I get in places . Those pieces have not moved far from the source. Being semi crystalline these pieces are quite hard to find with detectors . The gold monster seems to sniff them out quite well. I have quite a few specimens that  sound off strongly yet the gold is hardly visible on the quartz surface. It's certainly visible on yours.