Poll - Primary Intended Use For Equinox

Poll - Primary Intended Use For Equinox  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four types of detecting embodied in Equinox will you be doing most often?

• Park Mode type coin and jewelry detecting in groomed areas with modern trash
    • Field Mode type coin and relic hunting in open fields and woods
    • Beach Mode type coin and jewelry detecting in a saltwater environment
    • Gold Mode type gold nugget prospecting

Even though I really enjoy digging silver, gold is what will pay for a detector the quickest.

To prevent walking away from gold I use the TDI while only listening for the high tone (low conductor).  This is exactly how I've found some of the most expensive gold jewelry.

1 hour ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Even though I really enjoy digging silver, gold is what will pay for a detector the quickest.

To prevent walking away from gold I use the TDI while only listening for the high tone (low conductor).  This is exactly how I've found some of the most expensive gold jewelry.

Mark - if your finds (solely) have totally covered your investment in ALL of those detectors, color me impressed.

19 hours ago, Flbchbm said:

So, since unlike most times when you answer a question that you can only pick one answer and you cannot qualify the answer----I am going to take advantage of the ability to do so and qualify my answer. If this detector did not promise to be a good saltwater beach detector, I probably would not be so eager to purchase one, even though it will get the most use from me in a park context. I live two hours from the beach, so parks are where I usually detect. Don't forget, parks are everywhere. Saltwater beaches, by comparison, are rare. So, considering that, the beach use is actually scoring pretty high in this pole.

Parks might be everywhere but they are a hassle.  I live .5 miles from a beach that has many targets and within 40 miles of dozens of beaches.  This will be my first use as far as time to compare it to my 3030.  Next will be to take it to some trashy areas and look for gold nuggets.

Mitchel

Wow top three are pretty clos!

Considering most machines arent salt water ready or raw gold capable........ thats more users....... and im sure there will be a lot of people looking to overlap in the areas.  That could equate to a chunk of change in sales.   Could we be seeing more companies combining all these tasks.....if not they wont keep up, especially if ML proves they will compete in each area that normally require nitch machines.

I picked the park mode. I think a lot of it is based on where they live. If you live in the gold fields you look for gold. Live at the beach, then obviously beach detecting is your thing. I live in the mountains of North Carolina. So I detect old cabin sites in heavy iron looking for coins. Occasionally I stop by the parks and schools but this is what is available. Obviously I wouldn't own a gold detector here.

BUT the EQ is several machines in one. I plan on making some detecting trips to gold country. I go to the beach a couple times a year but my etrac isn't waterproof. NOW I will be able to water detect. Also finding a meteorite is now on my bucket list. Its like getting several new detectors all in one. Detectors that I could never justify buying individually.

I think a great poll would be "what kind of detecting will the EQ open up to you that you are excited to try"?

In the past I’d buy a detector for one thing and only that . If I wanted a coin detector then that’s what I’d buy and that was the same on a gold detector.

Now here comes this company offering more in a detector that I’ve ever had before. When I said I want that detector I knew it would do everything for me that I wanted in a VLF detector.

I may be the only one that didn’t vote on the poll. My reasoning for not is when I detect I’m all in every mode the Equinox has to offer.

I didn’t want to have to pick up another detector every time my mood or mode I guess you could say change..

The least on the poll was the gold mode. Okay you coin hunters next time you dig up a big gold ring be sure you put it back in the hole . That ring is just as good as a gold nugget to me  at that time in my life. You didn’t throw the ring away and I wouldn’t throw the relic away if I dig one.

To me the poll should have been the better part of it the same on each mode. Isn’t that the reason you’ve been waiting so long on the Equinox?

Chuck

I agree with all you said about having ONE machine to grab.   We had to settle with multi freq for beach hunting knowing in the dry sand we were getting depth...... but loosing out on the smaller gold.  You also forgot to say....... price for more than one machine.  

I still find the poll interesting...... this machine may not be a coin hunters dream thou it seems to separate digit to their advantage..... it it offers beach and raw gold hunters a real interesting machine and i think those number reflect that.  I also believe a lot of those park and field hunters are looking at finding more gold too.

Dewcon4414

I didn’t forget about the low price . I just don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. I don’t want to know or do I care how Minelab done it but just they did. I’m sure you seen the big dollar that some of Minelabs gold detectors cost but I’ll take this low price one that may do most for me.

The Best to all

Chuck